Dust Covers/Protectors for Container Candles

Hi!

Would anyone know where I can get dust covers or dust protectors (not sure of the correct name) for my container candles? I am using an 11oz frosted tumbler and would like some sort of cover but not necessarily a lid. Something clear and plastic. The jar is about 3 inches in diameter.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Allison

I have always wonderd where the big companies get the circular cardboard/plastic covers (or whatever material they are) that have a whole in the middle and their info on top that set down on top of the wax with the wick poking through. Does anyone know where these are made or how to make them?

• 5 months later...

These snap on to the outer lip of the container and the center goes down inside the jar with a hole for sniffing. They are clear plastic, not white how the picture appears and fit the standard 10 and 16 oz apothecary jars.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=9&GroupID=585&CategoryID=1855&ProductID=3951&ProductName=Lid+-+FLAT+PLASTIC+LARGE

Candles & Supplies carries semi clear plastic covers. I buy mine from there. Since the cost on the metal ones was so high, I quit using them and went with those. I cut my cost from $1.25 to 5 cents each. I put my round label on the top and they look great.

Sandi

Edited to ad link

http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store/Products/Candles/Packaging/Plastic+Dust+Covers/Default.aspx

I make my own covers (with tabs for easy removal)out of heavy cardstock.The only thing I can't do is punch a hole for the wick b/c I can't find a hole punch that will reach to the center of the cover. :(

Check this website out. (1stopsquare.com.) I can't take credit for this, someone else mentioned this site a while back.

I get these cute little square glass jars from Wal-mart that can fit about 3 - 4 oz of wax. It was hard to find anything to cover them with for storage so I used something I had on hand. I don't know the exact name. It's not seran wrap it's a bit thicker and it's meant to fit your rubbermaids that don't have lids by just pressing the wrap onto the top of the containers. It sticks really good that even when you turn over liquid it does not spill (if you sealed right!) I wish I had the name. I will look for it again at the store and let you know.

It works GREAT and at first I was worried about them soaking up the candle scent but it does not. I have candles I poured several months ago and the scent is still strong. Another thing is that the wrap can be peeled off adn on (for sniffing) and it goes back on without problems and it looks great.

HTH

Laura

I don't know the exact name. It's not seran wrap it's a bit thicker and it's meant to fit your rubbermaids that don't have lids by just pressing the wrap onto the top of the containers. It sticks really good that even when you turn over liquid it does not spill (if you sealed right!) I wish I had the name. I will look for it again at the store and let you know.

It works GREAT and at first I was worried about them soaking up the candle scent but it does not. I have candles I poured several months ago and the scent is still strong. Another thing is that the wrap can be peeled off adn on (for sniffing) and it goes back on without problems and it looks great.

HTH

Laura

Press 'N Seal?