Bomb packaging

Scented

OK what are you folks using who sell these things? I'm using baggies from Rustic Escentuals, but apparently people are into squeezing balls and round things just to see what they do and I'm tired of losing round stock. I'm a little worried about labeling them if I shrink, but God there's got to be a fix other than one of those switches mean ol' teachers used ... and a sign that says Don't Squeeze the Charmin ... or Squeeze and Pay, no questions asked.

Oh, I did have one of those plastic tubes one time that had the flat lid on top and it fit 2 bombs in it very nicely and easy to label. I just couldn't figure out its size to order more (it was packaging from another company's bath beads). Those would be good to use as well!

Angi

I'm thinking about some shrink bags for mine. I started making the hockey puck ones and can't figure out a good way to package them yet. I put the cart before the horse on this one...but I got sick of cracking balls! :embarasse Pucks are the way to go!

I use the shrink bags, then tie raffia around the top close to the bomb, I make a little tag like a card and punch a hole in it and string it up on the raffia....then I shrink the bag, while holding it by the top....I only shrink the bottom half of the bag around the ball, and keep the top kinda fluffy, gift basket like..ya know? Seems to keep them together pretty well, haven't tried to "squish" one, but I think that the partial shrinking helps.

Scented - I use 6" X 6" shrink wrap bags. I let my bombs sit for 12+ hours and then slide one carefully into a bag. I then trim the top off some into a fingernail like shape so when it is shrink wrapped it forms very nicely around the bomb. Once you cut one, you can use the cut off piece (as a guide) to cut all the other bags before you put the bombs in them.

I also bought a lot of 2" square white boxes. I add a tiny bit of brown raffia to the bottom of the box, put a bomb in, close the box and affix my labels to the outside of the box.

This is a very professional way of displaying the product and I have had none break since doing this. This is also a very safe way to ship the bombs.

I don't know scented..maybe you should stand over them like a hawk, with a stick waiting to smack their knuckles...or put the bowl of them in your lap..lol. I keep mine in plastic snap lid containers (kind of like a cheap knock off of the old fashioned gallon candy jars) Nobody even opens them...maybe I should take a few out of the packages and they might buy them? Scented, out of the squeezers, even though some of them get busted (giggle, busted balls) how many do you actually sell? Maybe if you only put out a few, keep extras under the table, then as people buy them, put out more?

I would love to have a display made where it looks like mini bowling alleys, backwards lol. The front would have a hole where an individual bomb would sit in the open for people to feel and sniff and the "lanes" with bumpers up, could hold the bags up in a standing position. Sounds funny I know but I think it could work lol!

Angi

You could try something like these with the appropriate size for the bomb. I am pretty sure this is what Robin used before she started using the plastic egg cartons.

You could wrap them in foil or just leave them naked in the box.

HTH,

Chauna

I would love to have a display made where it looks like mini bowling alleys, backwards lol. The front would have a hole where an individual bomb would sit in the open for people to feel and sniff and the "lanes" with bumpers up, could hold the bags up in a standing position. Sounds funny I know but I think it could work lol!

Angi

Interesting idea. Great minds do think alike. I love to sell our bath bombs but I know scented hates it when our balls get squeezed. ;) At our last show I had a couple of customers buy our squeezed ones. Trying to figure out what I could called them. Friend of mind is currently working on a box for us to hold apprx 10 each with 10 rows across with the box divided in 2 so that I can have 20 different fragrances. The box will also be padded so our balls will be cushioned. Hopefully it will be done in the next few weeks and I can try it out.

Rockin

Does anyone know where you can get plastic tubes to fit the large meat baller or the 3 in ornament. I have some from kangaroo but they only fit 2 bath bombs. the third one will go in but the lid won't fit on top. I have to have something that won't break since I take them to the shop/

• 3 weeks later...

Heres what I do ...I have shrink wrap tubing...cut a long piece..insert your ball...put the front lable on top and the back label on back inside the shrink tube...give the sides a twist like a candy.....then shrink wrap the middle and a tiny blast of heat to each twist and Voila they look like candies done in cellophane...the color shows threw....

OH I would have a sign at my sale....Don't Squeeze the Balls!!!please....You Break em you take em....:D:o

Hugs Mags