Bomb packaging

Scented

So if the largest bath bomb is 3 inches around, the christmas ornament, then I would need the 4 inch or the 5 inch if heat gunning it. The large meat ball ones I think are 2 inch in size.

So if the largest bath bomb is 3 inches around, the christmas ornament, then I would need the 4 inch or the 5 inch if heat gunning it. The large meat ball ones I think are 2 inch in size.

Hi Deb I would go with the 5 inch so you have extra playing power..it will shrink enough

My bath bombs are jellybean shaped so I think I got a three inch..but they are not totally round they are kidney shaped

HTh's

Hugs Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my daughter and I have been making B-Bombs for about 3 years now. We have learned a lot about these guys. They are very tempermental with weather change and we have made a LOT of fizzy bath powder that should have been B-Bombs.

Scented~ I think its aweful that you suffer BALL loss because people feel the need to squeeze them. However this is a test that my DD and I perform with each batch we have made. We actually place a bomb in our hands and squeeze as hard as we can. If it breaks, its a dud.

Unfortunatly , even though there are a lot of great BBomb recipes out there, that is what works for the climate these people live in. Once you have a BB recipe you really like you need to tweak it to work with your climate. Some people omit sea salt because it pulls in moisture but I refused to do that because I believe it is a great additive for bath time.

I truly believe its all in the drying time and weather conditions.

If its raining or humid FORGET IT !!! On a good dry day or in the winter you should be able to get a nice hard bath bomb in about 2 days of drying time.

AS for the packaging I use the 4x6 shrink bags then slap a sticker label on it. Nothing special. I feel the shrink helps add stability to the ball. Especially during shipping.

Good luck with your B-Bombs everyone. I hope I was able to shed some light on your bath bomb making.

Scented, I am sending you a pm.

Hey Lisa,

Well see I kinda figure that when they get dropped from waist high and don't break they ought to be good lol.

I don't squeeze as hard as I could, because I'm a wimp, but I squeeze and they don't break. Wonder if I'm weakening them for others.