Self-relighting birthday candles

Does anyone know how these are made? I'm wondering if it's a special wick or if it's treated with something.

The mosquitoes are eating me alive but the citronella candles don't want to stay lit in a heavy breeze so I'm thinking this might be a good way to keep it lit if I can figure it out :yes:

Oh yes, that is a great idea!!! I did some research on the internet about those wicks several months ago. DD was getting married on the beach of Grand Cayman, and I knew it was going to be a problem keeping the unity candle lit. I never had any luck in learning how they were made. Please post if you find out anything. Those dang things are eating me alive here too :(

Good job Di!!!!!!! I can't tell you how many hours I searched for some info on these, I feel like a real idiot now :tiptoe:

I just found it on a search--the one thing that occurred to me is where do you get magnesium? Do they sell it at hardware stores? I have never seen it for sale! I may have created more of a dilemma LOL. Hoping it is easily available because it looks really easy to do.

Actually Satinducky should look into that because that would be a dam good market, re-lighting citronella candles--I have never seen or heard of it and it is an issue.

Great idea! What an imagination you have to come up with that!

Does anyone know how these are made? I'm wondering if it's a special wick or if it's treated with something.

The mosquitoes are eating me alive but the citronella candles don't want to stay lit in a heavy breeze so I'm thinking this might be a good way to keep it lit if I can figure it out :yes:

Thanks. I had found that site as well, but have no idea in the differences of them...lol. Gonna take more research :rolleyes2

Course, it probably wont matter since the self-lighting wicks in candles are patented and they might come after me :embarasse