Must haves from Southern Soapers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE Southern Soapers FO's! Here are a few I use....off the top of my head......

Mineral Salt Spa

Tranquil Spa (Love this one)

Sweet Pea & Rhubarb (our best seller this year)

Sandalwood Amber (extremely sensual)

Mandarin Basil Lime (very fresh & clean...another I love)

Cherokee Princess (got this in the SS swap and loved it)

Italian Granita Ice

French Lilacs

Macapuno Sorbert

AND of course Botella De Esencia...LOL

and the list goes on and on....LOL

I just got in Black Eyed Susans but haven't had a chance to soap it..smells delish oob!

Oh and make sure you go to the Just In! catagory and add the free sample to your cart...it isn't automatic. Last week (or my last order)it was Golden Poppy...very nice out of bottle! And If it is your first order there is a coupon for $5 off...I think the code is on The Dish in her sales announcement.

SS is one of my favs. Even when I have not liked the scent, if soaping it, they soaped beautifully.

Bacchus - This is one that I'm not crazy about the scent but I soaped it and it behaved beautifully. I can't comment on any discoloration because I colored my soap.

Blackberry Apple - another one soaped. behaved, no A &D, or morphing and scent is still holding.

Sea Air Sandalwood - this one was a bit more perfumey smelling than I thought it would be.

Tassi Lavender - a beautiful lavender that is not an old lady type of lavender or over powering. NO problems soaping.

Trippy Hippy - I can really pick up the patachouli in my soap. Holds well and soaps great with no problems.

Bourbon de Vanille - I got this in a swap and was not sure at first if I liked it but it grew on me. It definately smells like vanilla but the bourbon comes in very subtly and "adults" the vanilla up.

Blue Lagoon - I put this one in a salt bar. Nice scent that holds well.

Brombeereflecken - I got this one in swap too. It is a nice tart but not bitter blackberry scent and is perfect for summer. It makes you want to eat whatever product it is in.

Coffee Caramel Royale - soaped great but discolored to a medium brown. Great throw in soy.

Creme De Cassis - I got this in a swap an was not sure if I like the scent. It was a nice strong scent though. I did not pick up any tartness either and could not quite figure out what it smelled like. I think it is a pretty complex FO that might be worth trying again as it was hard to tell what was in it.

Cherokee Princess - a nice floral scent, Very feminine.

Lemongrass and Sage - Held up beautifully in soap. No A whatsoever and hardly any D. I also got this in a product in a swap (a facial scrub) and thought the scent was perfect in the scrub.

Lilac Honeysuckle - soap - scent holds, no A but a little D.

Mandarin Basil Lime - another great soaper with no prolems.

O'Ceallaigh - I love this scent. Very clean and sexy. A great unisex FO. NO A but some D.

Persian Limewood - Another favorite of mine. Just like O'Ceallaigh, this one is a great unisex FO. Well behaved, no A & D.

Georgia Peach - this one has some very sharp notes to it and was a bit more of a bitter peach than I liked. Soaped great but did discolor a bit.

Provence Aire - I put this in a salt bar. No D whatsoever and very little A. This is a nice feminine scent.

Hana No Kaori - no a & D. A very nice floral that is not overpowering and does not smell like an old lady's floral.

Glühwein - I got this in a swap in a soap. It has a nice spicy fruity scent to it.

Inishmoor - a nice lighter minty scent but is not a mint like a peppermint. Great wake you up in the morning type scent. Very fresh and clean. Love this one.

Hooah! - faded a bit in soap but is nice otherwise. I pick up more of the pine scented type undertones than I do any other scent it. I liked this one too.

Jonquil Fleur - a nice floral but seems a bit light in my soap. Little D and no A.

Tranquil spa - nice scent that is great in all kinds of applications.

I know there are others I have tried but this is all I can think of right now.

Well, get your checkbook/debit card ready.... 'cause whatever you order from SS will be great!

Macapuno Sorbet- to die for in body sprays and lotions

Sakura Blossoms- awesome in soap (somewhat light) but worth it, and triple yummy in lotions

Oriental Lily & Muskmelon- aka Cantaloupe Lily- Wow!

Brombeerflecken- absolutely awesome in lotions and scrubs. Straight blackberry. Real nice summer scent.

Tassi Lavender- since I smelled this, I have never went back to another lavender anywhere else. This one is a keeper.

Juicy Pink Grapefruit- knock your socks off grapefruit scent. Makes your mouth water just smelling it.

Rosemilk- I don't like rose... but this one smells good. And STICKS in CP.

Creme de Cassis- A smooth, berry scent. Wonderful in lotions.

Raspberry Bombe- another knock your socks off scent. And explosion of raspberry.

Airondack (sp?)- Very outdoorsy and woodsy... I mixed this one with Raspberry Bombe 50/50 per the advice of Carebear.

She had made it in a soap for a swap. The scent just blew me over. Makes wonderful linen sprays!!!

Inishmoor - a nice lighter minty scent but is not a mint like a peppermint. Great wake you up in the morning type scent. Very fresh and clean. Love this one.

They describe this one as spearmint & eucalyptus, so I was thinking of trying it as a sub for B&BW's 'Stress Relief'. They describe 'Inishmoor' as strong, but your description of it being lighter is making me rethink that. Hmmmm....

They describe this one as spearmint & eucalyptus, so I was thinking of trying it as a sub for B&BW's 'Stress Relief'. They describe 'Inishmoor' as strong, but your description of it being lighter is making me rethink that. Hmmmm....

When I say it is light I mean that it is not strong in an overbearing way like sometimes peppermints can be. Its minty scent is very nice and soothing and won't burn your eyes or your throat. Does that make more sense? It is a nice scent and one I highly recommend.

I haven't really run into a disappointment yet that I've used either.

Just stuck Golden Poppy into bath bombs and they smell great. Silk Haiku, very fem too, soft and pretty (does well in bombs and soap - 2 weeks noted on soap) and most the others have listed, exception of the patchouli amber (mm mm mm).

Totally agree that the temptation to get one of everything is very much alive even five or six orders later lol. Really great service. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

You all are such enablers, lol!!!

These are what I had picked out before asking

Bottella de esencia

Carpe' diem

Niagara falls

Bonsai

Bacchus ( I think just because of the sexy man in the pic)

Blue musk

O' Cealleigh (I just discovered this is Green irish tweed renamed:grin2: )

Vetiver (not sure what vetiver alone smells like but there is an Axe body spray with it that I have to sniff every time I see it.

I had a lot more the other day in my cart, but chickened out. Now I added back the

Dragonfly moon

Sweet Peas & Rhubarb

Any opinions on the bossa nova or passionate pomegranate?

OMG I need one of everything........

You all are such enablers, lol!!!

These are what I had picked out before asking

Bottella de esencia

Carpe' diem

Niagara falls

Bonsai

Bacchus ( I think just because of the sexy man in the pic)

Blue musk

O' Cealleigh (I just discovered this is Green irish tweed renamed:grin2: )

Vetiver (not sure what vetiver alone smells like but there is an Axe body spray with it that I have to sniff every time I see it.

I had a lot more the other day in my cart, but chickened out. Now I added back the

Dragonfly moon

Sweet Peas & Rhubarb

Any opinions on the bossa nova or passionate pomegranate?

OMG I need one of everything........

That just cracked me up because that is why I bought it!! Does this mean we are horn dogs?? lol

Oh Kymber, why oh why did you have to use Botella de esencia in the swap scrub. I am gonna be in so much trouble. My cart has almost $200.00 worth of FO's in it. Talk about being an FOHO!

I just got a box last week from BW that cost me $162, and I just placed an order Sat with NG that was over $200.

I so have to have that FO. I can't keep my nose out of it. I use just a little at a time(just on my hands) so it lasts. How does it CP, BTW?

:tiptoe: Off to figure out which card to use :confused: , shh don't tell!!!

Great, now I'm scoping out Southern Soapers. I need more FOs like I need a hole in my head, but they all sound so good! :laugh2: I'm eyeballing Texas Bluebonnets and Yellow Rose of Texas, and maybe Guns & Roses. And a whole bunch of others, too. (Kymber, it's your fault, you and that Botella de Esencia. :laugh2: )

I blame her too lol. If it wasn't for the swap I probably wouldn't be trying to make room for more stuff.

And need to piece together another order so I can get some of the Southern Comfort that's supposed to be in stock now.

LMAO! I can take the blame...I'm a big girl! Seriously....I love Southern Soapers scents and haven't had one yet that I didn't like! And they have become one of my main suppliers! Found tons more I loved after the Southern Soapers Swap to. The Mandarin, Basil Lime salt bar Meridith did was outstanding....filled my entire bathroom and bedroom with the scent just using it in the shower!! I will put off my order from them for a week if the free sample is one I have already sniffed...just so I can get one I haven't sniffed yet....LOL Ordering from Kelly is very addicting...LOL

Attention all you enablers. :laugh2: Which size should I go with 4 or 8 oz bottles? TIA

I did mostly 8 oz. A few were 16! I wanted all 16oz'ers but I just couldn't do it. It cost me a fortune, but I can't wait to get them.

Don'tcha just love how all these enablers just don't have any conscience (sp?) at all!!!:laugh2: :laugh2:

I blame Kymber!!:laugh2: