Must haves from Southern Soapers

I had to order another 4#'s of the Sweet Pea and Rhubarb (wish she sold in 5#'s) so I added the Frank, Myrrh & Gold , Acorns and Black Oak and Tassi Lavender this time....and got the sample of Prelude to Love. It won't be here until next week tho.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to order another 4#'s of the Sweet Pea and Rhubarb (wish she sold in 5#'s) so I added the Frank, Myrrh & Gold , Acorns and Black Oak and Tassi Lavender this time....and got the sample of Prelude to Love. It won't be here until next week tho.

Aw Kymber, you will LOVE the Tassi Lavender. It is the best!!! I've been eyeing the Acorns and Black Oak for some time. What are you planning on doing with that one?

My order will be here next week too. This time I ordered Chamomile and Rosebuds, Jamaican Rosewood, O'Ceallaigh, Down Under, Rose Milk and Apple Blossoms.

Oh what an interesting order Kymber!

I think I'm going to soap that Acorns & Black Oak and put it into candles. It's a warm and nutty FO OOB. Just got Night Blooming Jasmine with Hooah, Polar Express, Trippy Hippie, Beguiled and Stonewashed Denim.

The Acorns & Black Oak I am going to soap ..... and sniff. LOL That one has intrigued me for awhile now so finally ordered it. My brother is absolutely wild about Frankinsence so I bought that one to see what he thought of it. And because everyone seems to love it in this thread. He is not a "bar" soap guy so I will probably put some in cream soap or shower gel if I ever get around to ordering some shower gel from aquatech (I really really need to get that done!) or maybe I should just find the time to venture into liquid soap?? Will throw some in a body spray for him too. It is a good thing I HAVE to continually reorder the Sweet Pea & Rhubarb because I always order a few extras to try out...LOL Oh yea and I ordered another pound of the Madarin, Basil & Lime..........I can't quit sniffing that one!! My sales rep loves that one too so I keep her supplied in everything that scent and she reps for a couple jewelry companies too so she keeps me stocked in bracelets and jewelry...LOL (i'm a bracelet HO!)

I'm also lovin the Sweet Peas & Rhubarb, Thanks for the suggestion Kymber!

It soaps really nice too. I'm having to go back and forth between the Botella De Esencia and the Sweet Peas & Rhubarb.

The Jury's still out on the Bossa Nova. It seems like everytime I take a whiff, it smells different. More times than not my nose likes it.

I think next time I order, I am gonna have to try the tassi lavender, and get a bigger bottle of the Bacchus ( I only ordered 1 oz). I still have to soap the Bacchus, but OOB I like it. Though to me it doesn't really smell manly(IMO), I guess I'll have to sniff it a few more times to really tell.

I am so in love with Southern Soapers. That just figures though, it seems that my favorite suppliers are all on the east coast and it takes forever (well not really forever, about a week) to get my orders.:waiting:

Acorn & Black Oak added to oils and waiting to be soaped and OMG ... if you love the nutty earthy stuff, you'll fall for this one too. Will be adding TD to the batch so hoping that will take care of some of the medium brown it's supposed to turn. Gotta get my nose out of the oil first though lol.

Acorn & Black Oak added to oils and waiting to be soaped and OMG ... if you love the nutty earthy stuff, you'll fall for this one too. Will be adding TD to the batch so hoping that will take care of some of the medium brown it's supposed to turn. Gotta get my nose out of the oil first though lol.

Let me know how that one turns out and how well it soaps........I probably won't get mine into oils for a few weeks yet but will be sniffing it OOB...LOL I have never had any luck with TD so I gave up....to me it always looks chalky and gross. Could be I was just using too much! I gave up on it. Have you tried the vanilla stabilizer from BCN yet?

Nope. I have it, but figure it only works with vanilla. With some of this stuff that goes brown on me, I don't think there's vanilla in it lol.

Now who wanted to know about Polar Express? It's a dream to soap, even discounted to 30 on soapcalc. I had time to do some dishes before it set up enough for what I wanted to do to it. I will say it's a potent FO. Given Kelly says it's like Jack Frost, I think all of that is potent. I went with .5 oz ppo. The only discoloration there's going to be is the antique silver and UM blue in the soap. Just hoping it will look cool lol. Won't be able to comment much more on the stickability of the FO at that for a few weeks. I definitely pick up the eucalyptus and peppermint in it. I get blown away trying to whiff for the rest lol.

Let me know how that one turns out and how well it soaps........

Soaps pretty good. I was soaping at ultra low (oils were very cloudy lol) with FO in the oils. Used 2.4 oz on a 2.75 lb batch. So the TD make my charcoal gray ha! I had time to run four colors, two different greens, orange oxide and the charcoal, but it was setting up while I was tinkering. I took a water discount (30 on soap calc). It does smell good. Hope it turns out!

Note: I did a lot of stirring early on, thought it might rice, but didn't. I had to give the sb a few whirls to get things moving, but wondering if that was because everything was ultra cool.

I got my FO's today and an I just say OMG!!! Not once but 3 times...OMG OMG OMG!!!

My 3 new ones are Frank, Myhrr & Gold, Acorns & Black Oak, Tassi Lavender (OMG) They all smell awesome OOB!!! I am loving the Tassi Lavender....such a soft pretty lavender...not harsh at all! Acorns & Black Oak...WOW!! Very very NICE!! And Frank....I am really liking that one alot also! Prelude to Love is very pretty...like that one OOB also. I am so happy with every single one of them! Can't wait to soap them!

I just finished soaping Stonehenge Runes and it is in the mold resting. I made a 1 lb layer with 90% CO and 10% shea, 20%SF and colored with charcoal. This layer had slight acceleration when I added a bit of the scent but nothing anywhere near not manageable. The next layer was one of my usual recipes and was 3lbs of oil. I added some white mica to try to brighten the base soap and Southern Soaper's Rocket Red color swirled in. I also added a round multi colored log as an embed. This layer also had slight acceleration. It sure smells wonderful.

I can't wait to see it!

Going to add another OMG scent you all should consider -- Egyptian Dragon ... very smoothe, good and, well, sexy. Soaped it with slight acceleration in cool temps with a very slight water discount.

I've been eyeing that one, and with your description I think I'm pushed over the edge to buy it!

This what I got:

Egyptian Dragon(re order)

Cuban Coffee bean

Bossa Nova

Cranberry Orange Marmalade

Botella de Esencia

Black Mission Figs

Bacchus

Acorns & Black Oak

Passionate Pomegranate

Iced Gingerbread

Midnight in the Garden (re order)