Must haves from Southern Soapers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the Tassi Lavender is the ultimate (in lavenders)...but I haven't tried it yet.

I did soap the Mandarin Basil Lime and Black Eyed Susans this morning and they both performed beautifully! And they both smell totally awesome! They are gellin away right now.

I have heard the Tassi Lavender is the ultimate (in lavenders)...but I haven't tried it yet.

I did soap the Mandarin Basil Lime and Black Eyed Susans this morning and they both performed beautifully! And they both smell totally awesome! They are gellin away right now.

Ooh, I forgot about Tassi Lavender - thanks, Kymber! I'm looking for more of a straight lavender, so that would be better, I think. Man, that order just keeps getting bigger and bigger. :laugh2:

If you wait till next week I might be able to help you add to it LOL!

The silk haiku is really curing quite nicely after 3 weeks. It's just a very nice, soft fem scent ... you might look at Prelude to Love too.

Course I'm moving more into year round scents. Haven't tried the Tassi Lavender. I use Peak's lavender and settled on it. I've tried a couple of other lavenders that have been big disappointments so I feel safe with Peak's.

Since I tried Tassi Lavender... I don't do any other lavender FO ever... from anywhere else.

It's definitely the ultimate lavender! Very feminine. Not medicinal smelling at all.

I didn't even get this week's free sample, as I didn't care for it, either. But I did order! Here's what I'm getting (this time :grin2: ):

White Rose Bergamot

Sea Air Sandalwood

Brombeereflecken

Polar Express

Tassi Lavender

Macapuno Sorbet

Bossa Nova

The list of "still want" is much longer than that, but I had to start somewhere.

Polar Express - wow! I haven't used it in anything yet, but OOB it's knock-your-socks-off strong. I can't wait to make it up into a scrub!

I got my order today! On first sniff, I think I'll like everything (although OOB White Rose Bergamot smells a bit more like old-lady perfume than I care for, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I test), but I got a 4-oz. bottle of Tassi Lavender instead of the 8-oz. bottle I ordered. I sent an e-mail, so hopefully I'll hear something back soon. Time to play with new oils, woo hoo! :D

Hi was reading through the thread and didn't see pussywillow!!!! I soaped this tonight and it is beautiful. Soft feminine and soaped beautifully. Next on my list is White Musk and then need to order a bigger bottle of Rosemilk, that is one very nice scent!!!!

Hi was reading through the thread and didn't see pussywillow!!!! I soaped this tonight and it is beautiful. Soft feminine and soaped beautifully. Next on my list is White Musk and then need to order a bigger bottle of Rosemilk, that is one very nice scent!!!!

I have the pussywillow sitting in the cabinet (along with rosemilk) but just haven't had a chance to test it yet. With your review I am going to have to pull that one to the front...LOL I did my Mandarin Basil Lime in a batch of cream soap (i make just for me and give away to a select few) and OMG I just can't quit sniffing that one!!! My sales rep took a tub home with her to as she is in love with that scent (and in love with my cream soap)too!! That one is definately a keeper!! I wish Kelly sold in larger then 1# sizes....I have a few of her's that I buy 3-5# of at a time. Even 2# size would help...LOL

Frankincense, Myrrh & Gold is an OMG out of bottle and it's going into stuff as soon as the ball tournament ends this weekend.

Southern Comfort definitely smells like the liquor and I'll be looking forward to using it as well.

Rest sort of falls into the fall/winter line. Since it technically isn't summer yet, perhaps those are left for future suggestions lol.

Frankincense, Myrrh & Gold is an OMG out of bottle and it's going into stuff as soon as the ball tournament ends this weekend.

Southern Comfort definitely smells like the liquor and I'll be looking forward to using it as well.

Rest sort of falls into the fall/winter line. Since it technically isn't summer yet, perhaps those are left for future suggestions lol.[/quote]

No you should share them now!! LOL Already looking for good fall scents!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really masculine, but more uni-sex appeal is the Carpe Diem. I love the stuff. Reminds me of mountain hiking on a crisp day or mountain hiking along a stream and it just continues to blossom.

At some point she's bringing in Drakkar. I could swear I saw that.

Tuscany might go over as masculine. You could rename it Valentino maybe lol.

The Acorns and Black Oak might fall under guy too and maybe rename it woodsman or something.

And Guns & Roses (don't miss out on it along with there used to be the High Chaparral and I think Veldfire was in there too.)

I had to get the Frank, Myrrh and Gold because someone said it smelled OMG. :D Well, it DOES smell OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! It smells wonderful. This would smell sooooooooo good in soap I tell ya.

Did anyone put this in soap yet? How'dya like it?

I also got Cuban Coffee... which by the way, I just stuck some in a scrub and it smells real good. Not too many coffee smells out there I like... alot I have tried already, smells.... dirty. Like dirty, old coffee. Yuck!! lol But this one smells nice. Deep and earthy. Like a fresh cup of coffee.

Let's see, Peppermint and Vanilla.... this one smells real good too. (I'm soooooooo glad I got 8 oz of this!). I haven't stuck it in anything yet, but man oh man... Foot scrub and foot butter here we come.

Golden Poppy... I'm surprised with this one! I was expecting something really floral, and it's not. Jeeze, I can't put my finger on what this smells like, but it sure smells nice! I think this would smell great in soap!

Has anyone ever tried the Almond Silk? I had placed an order for this one, but there was a mix up on my order and I got the Ange de Mes Reves instead of Almond Silk. (which by the way, Ange de Mes Reves smells very nice and feminine).

I was itchin' to try that Almond Silk though... :(

I had to get the Frank, Myrrh and Gold because someone said it smelled OMG. :D Well, it DOES smell OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! It smells wonderful. This would smell sooooooooo good in soap I tell ya.

I also got Cuban Coffee... which by the way, I just stuck some in a scrub and it smells real good. Not too many coffee smells out there I like... alot I have tried already, smells.... dirty. Like dirty, old coffee. Yuck!! lol But this one smells nice. Deep and earthy. Like a fresh cup of coffee.

Let's see, Peppermint and Vanilla.... this one smells real good too. (I'm soooooooo glad I got 8 oz of this!). I haven't stuck it in anything yet, but man oh man... Foot scrub and foot butter here we come.

Golden Poppy... I'm surprised with this one! I was expecting something really floral, and it's not. Jeeze, I can't put my finger on what this smells like, but it sure smells nice! I think this would smell great in soap!

Has anyone ever tried the Almond Silk? I had placed an order for this one, but there was a mix up on my order and I got the Ange de Mes Reves instead of Almond Silk. (which by the way, Ange de Mes Reves smells very nice and feminine).

I was itchin' to try that Almond Silk though... :(

WOW! I want to order all these FOs!

I have soaped Almond Silk and it is very nice.

Finally I could enable ... LMAO!! I'm getting to it in soap (going to try this TD thing till it kills me lol). I love the Golden Poppy too.

I just got a bunch of other soaping/lotion supplies, but I had to try the botella de esencia. Free sample this week was - Prelude to Love. Sounded nice!

Actually I think it's quite lovely OOB, so I need to do something with it.