Must haves from Southern Soapers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, to afford all the oils I now want from here, I've got to win the lotto. :laugh2: The list is long, and there are some coming out later this year that sound good, too.

I hear ya! Wouldn't that be great, then you could get one of each!

I had to change my cart around 3 or 4 times before I could afford it, and even then I was pushing it!

Attention all you enablers. :laugh2: Which size should I go with 4 or 8 oz bottles? TIA

I've started with 8 ozers. 4 just isn't enough for me to do much with. Not sure 8 is even enough either.

Keep in mind your oils will be coming in the amber glass!

Femme Fatale is amazing in soap. No A and I added TD to help with D and it came a nice creamy ivory color. Holds fabulous!

Mango Tango is super strong in CP.

Niagra Falls is wonderful in CP too. Holds up strong!

Heres what I ordered

Bottella de esencia

Carpe' diem

Niagara falls

Bonsai

Bacchus ( I think just because of the sexy man in the pic)

Blue musk

O' Cealleigh

Vetiver

Dragonfly moon

Sweet Peas & Rhubarb

Hope Chest

Inishmoor

Bossa Nova

and of course the kiwi melon free sample

Now to decide what to soap first, before it gets here.

Probably gonna be Botella de esencia!

These are what I'm considering right.this.minute (right now I'm thinking good summery scents, with a whole 'nother list in mind for later in the year and for a collection I'm rolling around in my head):

Botella de Esencia

Inishmoor

Raspberry Bombe

Adirondack

Bossa Nova

Carpe Diem

Ferns of Muir Woods

Freesia Rose

Fresh Cut Carnations

Georgia Peach

Get Lei'd

Grapefruit Cassis

Hooah!

Italian Granita Ice

Macapuno Sorbet

Mandarin Basil Lime

Midori Champagne

Passionfruit Mimosa

Peche de Miel

Pomegranate Orange

Sea Air Sandalwood

Silk Haiku

White Rose Bergamot

Good grief. :laugh2: If any of these have been real stinkers for anyone, please let me know - I need to cut down this list!

I haven't really run into a disappointment yet that I've used either.

Just stuck Golden Poppy into bath bombs and they smell great. Silk Haiku, very fem too, soft and pretty (does well in bombs and soap - 2 weeks noted on soap) and most the others have listed, exception of the patchouli amber (mm mm mm).

Totally agree that the temptation to get one of everything is very much alive even five or six orders later lol. Really great service. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Are you saying that patchouli amber is one to get or not? TIA

Bunkie I have some on your list. Silk Haiku is only about 2 weeks old and it's staying just fine in CP.

The freesia rose is nice, soft, but nice. (JMO)

Carpe Diem (If you like different you'll love this! It's one of my favs that gets better the longer it cures.)

Italian Granita Ice (like a burst of icy lime with a hint of cream if there's such a thing, but haven't CPd.)

Macapuno Sorbet (haven't soaped yet, but in tarts and a spray it was just flat delicious. Great summer scent.)

Now I'll have to sit and wait till you peeps pick stuff I've got lol.

Bunkie I have some on your list. Silk Haiku is only about 2 weeks old and it's staying just fine in CP.

The freesia rose is nice, soft, but nice. (JMO)

Carpe Diem (If you like different you'll love this! It's one of my favs that gets better the longer it cures.)

Italian Granita Ice (like a burst of icy lime with a hint of cream if there's such a thing, but haven't CPd.)

Macapuno Sorbet (haven't soaped yet, but in tarts and a spray it was just flat delicious. Great summer scent.)

Now I'll have to sit and wait till you peeps pick stuff I've got lol.

So what do you have? Some of them may be on my other lists, and you might talk me into them. :grin2:

LOL! Probably the other half you didn't list :D

I have quite a bit, but not at home to list them.

Patchouli Amber though is fabulous from here.

Orange Poppy (think that's the name) is a really fun, light, citrus and floral.

Patchouli Sandalwood is really nice too. Just great earthy scent (along with the patch amber).

Amber glow ... very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice fragrance, but I'm that earthy scent kind of person.

Hana No Kaori -- a bountiful and beautiful bouquet of florals.

I have to keep in mind your on a summer pursuit lol ... but I do really like the Tuscany scent and it would be good year round.

Guns n Roses -- I can't stand it because of the leather, but if I'm fair and impartial, it's a rockin' scent.

Flora Magi -- Really nice, fun, fruity kind of floral.

Reinassance (??) is on tap to get soaped. I love the fragrance OOB. Gypsy Rose ... another one that intrigued me too much

Cashmeran (Costs an arm and leg now lol, but it's that earthy goodness.)

Maharani Padparadish (or close) ... very unique and inviting. These last three are probably year rounders.

I'm stuck on what else I have without being able to look.

Oh Veldfire and Sweetgrass will be getting used very soon. Veldfire has a very inviting spice to it. Sweetgrass is remarkably sweet and, IMO, male.

I've started with 8 ozers. 4 just isn't enough for me to do much with. Not sure 8 is even enough either.

Keep in mind your oils will be coming in the amber glass!

I do the 8 ozers to start with also. More times then not I am reordering it because it wasn't enough...LOL

Heres what I ordered

Bottella de esencia

Carpe' diem

Niagara falls

Bonsai

Bacchus ( I think just because of the sexy man in the pic)

Blue musk

O' Cealleigh

Vetiver

Dragonfly moon

Sweet Peas & Rhubarb

Hope Chest

Inishmoor

Bossa Nova

and of course the kiwi melon free sample

Now to decide what to soap first, before it gets here.

Probably gonna be Botella de esencia!

I soaped this about 3 months ago and it did beautifully...no A or D and the scent is still holding strong!

Botella de Esencia

Inishmoor - This is one is wonderful. Perfect soap scent. I made it 4-11-08. It is still curing on the shelf and smells so delish.

Raspberry Bombe

Adirondack

Bossa Nova

Carpe Diem

Ferns of Muir Woods

Freesia Rose

Fresh Cut Carnations

Georgia Peach A it too bitter for me but it is very strong.

Get Lei'd

Grapefruit Cassis

Hooah! I loved this scent. It has a nice pine scent to it. Scent faded a bit in my CP soap. May do better HP.

Italian Granita Ice Scented used this in a swap. She did 2 products and can't now remember which one she used it in. I really liked the scent. It is perfect for any B&B application.

Macapuno Sorbet

Mandarin Basil Lime I used this one a salt bar. The scent really stuck and smells wonderful. I think it is perfect for any B&B application.

Midori Champagne

Passionfruit Mimosa

Peche de Miel

Pomegranate Orange

Sea Air Sandalwood I liked this one too but could not sell it. I even put it in a salt bar. :sad2:

Silk Haiku I got a sample of this. It is very soft and feminine.

White Rose Bergamot

Good grief. :laugh2: If any of these have been real stinkers for anyone, please let me know - I need to cut down this list!

OK, I'm still plotting my order - I'm having a heck of a time making up my mind! Has anyone used both Inishmoor and Polar Express? How do they compare? I'm wondering how strong the spruce note is in Polar Express. They both sound like good sinus-clearing minty scents, but I wasn't sure about the spruce.

Sandalwood Amber

Sweetgrass is too light and doesnt hold up at all. So is Bluemusk :-(

Good to know! I was going to order it. I am using MMS's sweetgrass right now and guess I will stick with that one as it works. LOL

Can't edit, so I'm double posting. I think this will be my first order:

Amber Vanilla

Blooming White Tea

Bossa Nova

Macapuno Sorbet

Polar Express

Provence Aire

Sea Air Sandalwood

Thai Coconut

Pineapple Crush

White Rose Bergamot

Can't edit, so I'm double posting. I think this will be my first order:

Amber Vanilla

Blooming White Tea

Bossa Nova

Macapuno Sorbet

Polar Express

Provence Aire

Sea Air Sandalwood

Thai Coconut

Pineapple Crush

White Rose Bergamot

What??? No Sakura Blossoms? lmao Sorry, I had to add that in there. It's my fave one from SS. It's not an IN YO FACE floral. It's more soft and feminine. :)

I've already got a similar scent from elsewhere, so I'm not looking at it right this minute. When I've got more money to play with, that may change! :grin2: And hey, weren't you the one raving about Bossa Nova and Macapuno Sorbet? I'm going with those on your say-so (and because they sound really good!). ;)

I've already got a similar scent from elsewhere, so I'm not looking at it right this minute. When I've got more money to play with, that may change! :grin2: And hey, weren't you the one raving about Bossa Nova and Macapuno Sorbet? I'm going with those on your say-so (and because they sound really good!). ;)

Yeah girl! Bossa Nova and Macapuno Sorbet are da bomb! Makes WONDERFUL scrubs and lotions. I also did a hair conditioner in Macapuno Sorbet. These both will make you smell yummy! But the Sakura Blossoms has a place in my heart... the smell reminds me of my mother, so it's one of my faves. :)

You might think it smells like Japanese Cherry Blossom or regular Cherry Blossom just from the description, but it doesn't. It smells totally different.

But be forewarned... once you get this order in... you'll be back for more! lmao :grin2: SS is addicting.