ugly candle hall of fame?

Brat

Normally I don't agree with most of these posts, but if ya want it honest... it really IS ugly....lol. You do have a nice color combination going though ;)

Looks kinda like you were going for rustic layers using wax that was too hot...

Just wanted to add... a way to repair something like that (yup, I've had my share turn out the same way!) Drop that puppy back into the mold and give it a good zapping. Start at the top to give ya some melted wax to work with then go to the bottom and heat it up good... the bottom(top of finished candle) is where most of the air pockets will end up. Go back up to the top and keep it melted so that wax continues to run down the sides the back to the bottom and work your wax back up. Keep banging on the sides and zapping as long as you see air bubbles. It'll end up with an interesting look. Kinda like embedded layers of glass :)

I wouldn't change waxes just yet - give us some more info and maybe we can help. What wax is it and what were your pour temps? The purple one looks like either the pouring temp was too low or the mold was too cold.

Did you cool the blue one in the freezer??

Yup, it's ugly. And it might be hall of fame worthy. Check out the classroom at the top of the forum and rebatch that fugly pillar. This is the kind of goof my technique was developed for...if you remelt it it will be one color but if you rebatch it it could turn into something nice.

I agree with Scented...give us some wax and temp details and see if we can't troubleshoot a bit more.