Cierra Candles Closing

NattyCat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately - I think they were planning this for quite some time. I've been waiting for a lot of stuff to come into stock and it never did. Oh well though, there was only a few packaging things like the cello bags that was cheaper than anywhere else for the same stuff. Maybe that's where they went wrong - too much mark up.

Yes... I agree... although, I picked up some votive cello bags the other day at Pat Catan's (250 for $1.89)... I got some twist ties as well (50 for $1.19... which I cut to 200).

I did however just place an order for some votive wicking and a new 11lb digi scale. Couldn't pass up 30% off. :D

Me three-- they had some really great Fo's. I found suppliers that were a tad cheaper and shipped faster so that's why I quit buying - not to mention they didn't have any soy or palm wax..only paraffin and beeswax.

Am I the only one who wasn't totally happy with their CS? I heard elsewhere (not sure that it was here) that it wasn't stellar and I of course found out myself. Either way, it's pretty sad. Hope someone picks up some of their FO's!

They weren't the fastest on shipping, that's for sure. I did some of the packaging before I really shopped around even more than I do now (last year, before I realized there was 3974928 suppliers).

I did order FO's this sale, some Amber Romance. Didn't intend to get it yet, but by buying up 5lbs. with the bulk discount and the 30% off, I ended up with 5lbs. for 50 bucks. ETA: And $9 shipping.

Oh bummer. They're the closest supplier from me so I was able to get their wax for the least amount of shipping. Sigh. Guess I'll stock up with their 30% discount. I agree their CS wasn't the best but being able to save on shipping I didn't mind it too much.

.... I agree their CS wasn't the best but being able to save on shipping I didn't mind it too much.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has an opinion about the quality of their CS. I try to keep my mouth shut when I don't have any thing nice to say, but these guys PI$$ED me off the other day and I need to vent! I could see the writing on the wall [that they were closing]...too many weird things were going on. I've been buying from them for almost three years so I knew something was up. I placed a big order one day before they announced that they were closing. I hadn't even picked it up yet when they posted the announcement (I'm within driving distance of Cierra). I have spent a lot of money with these people, so I felt justified in sending an email asking for a sales price adjustment/credit of $28 for the large order I had yet to pick up but that was now on sale. I received the RUDEST reply denying my request. I couldn't believe it. It poisoned my whole day. The girl that seems to be running the admin side of things is as unpleasant in person as she is on email.

Anyway, I'm very very sorry to see them go because I could get my stuff next day and no shipping charges, but I won't miss the attitude. It always makes me very sad to see local business go under. I just hope their departure doesn't put me out of business.

Tealfrank, I don't suppose you could have cancelled your order and then reordered those items? A similar thing happened to me... you know how each month they have some sort of special going on? Well maybe not every month but some months they did. Well it was 10% off and I placed my order near the end of the month. They didn't send it out until early the next month, and for that month the discount was 20% off. I wasn't too happy with that but luckily it wasn't a large order so the additional savings wouldn't have amounted to a significant enough amount to warrant contacting them (which they wouldn't have honored anyway now that I've heard your story).

One thing to note, for those who might be wanting to stock up, is that the shipping estimate before you checkout is not necessarily the same amount as when you actually checkout. I don't know why there is this discrepancy, as I didn't make any changes to the shopping cart contents between these 2 steps. I did contact them about it once, and all they said was, the estimate is just as estimate and the amount when you actually checkout is the real one. Which is strange as I imagine both modules utilize the same linkup with UPS' rates.

Suds,

I soooooo would have canceled and reordered but I've got a big show next weekend and don't have time to mess around. I need the stuff too badly to make "her" mad at the last minute and me end up with nothing so I just "ate it" which IS NOT my usual style!

Yup, my actual shipping charge was $3 more than the estimated charge.

However, I emailed them and the free shipping over $99 (under 30# in one box) still applies.

Sounds to me like they may add a 'handling fee' of some sort to the estimate. There isn't any reason it should be off from the estimate especially with it sharing the same module for UPS as someone else mentioned. But, at least it's only $3 difference right? ;)

Sounds to me like they may add a 'handling fee' of some sort to the estimate. There isn't any reason it should be off from the estimate especially with it sharing the same module for UPS as someone else mentioned. But, at least it's only $3 difference right? ;)

Yes, I recently was "guesstimated" shipping for $4.95 and they actually charged me $7.12. I emailed them and asked why, and they said it was because of the size of the box. When I received my order, sure enough, the box was a lot bigger than the product required. I only ordered mold sealer and apparently they can only use boxes for that. :tongue2:

To be honest... neither have I. I got an email when I signed up, but nothing since. I checked the tracking on there site, and there isn't any info available. I should check out my CC site to see if it went through.

I still haven't been charged or acknowledged yet...