Ocean, Oceanside, Ocean Breeze

kandlekrazy

My dad used Brylcreme when he was alive, so the smell brought back good memories for me...however, it's nothing I'd want in a candle or melts! All the ocean scents I've found I don't like either SatinDucky...they don't smell anything like the ocean or ocean air.

I don't know what Brylcreme is, but none I've found yet remind me of the ocean. :undecided

Brillcreme was a popular men's hairdressing creme around the 50s & 60s. You would squeeze the tube and out popped a voluptuous big breasted woman in a tight fitting sequined Marilyn Monroe type dress singing "Brillcreme, a little dab will do ya'.

If you see it on TV you know its true!! LOL

I've had the same problem, Kandlecrazy. I can't find one that I really like. Keystone's Salty Sea Air, CS Ocean Breeze, nor numerous others I've tried just don't cut it for me. Some remind me of cheap washing detergent. I've tried blending everything imaginable with them, and am still not pleased with the scent. I'm almost resigned to the idea that it's not really the 'ocean air' that smells that great.....not unless you are actually on the beach, with the wind blowing through your hair, inhaling the cool ocean breeze, sipping on a margarita. I can't find any breeze type scents, such as summer breeze, etc. I really like from suppliers, although I have purchased a couple of car air fresheners I love. The FO manufacturers must be giving the best blends to the 'big guys'.

not unless you are actually on the beach, with the wind blowing through your hair, inhaling the cool ocean breeze, sipping on a margarita.

Make it a martini and that's the exact scent I'm looking for!

I agree, I've bought many fo's and candles and yuk! The "beach" candle I'm burning now even my husband said stinks...so it's not just me.

I know I have been struggling with finding just the right one also. I have several that are pretty good. I like Keystone Salty Sea Air, and oceans by Peaks, but they still aren't the perfect sea smell I was looking for.

However, I just did a tester of the new SeaMist from CS. So far, both my DH (who never comments on very many) and my son, said it was a really good scent. I really like it, although I don't know if it really smells ocean/sea enough?

• 4 months later...
I'm looking for a good ocean also. I just got a sample of Daystars Ocean Blue but haven't put it in a candle yet. Smells good OOB. I'll let you know.

Snow,

Did you ever get this into wax? I'm still on the hunt. I just bought some sugar scrub and lotion from a lady and her "Tidal Wave" scent is exactly what I'm looking for, don't blame her, but she won't give up any info! It is fresh and clean smelling...not sure about salty as I can't detect a smell to salt.

After recieving a one ounce freebie from AH/RE of Atlantic Sea Kelp, I became a huge fan of this ocean scent. It is truly something. I definitely smell salt, sand, seaweed. Also, it was very strong. I was able to open my windows and let the breeze blow thru...it felt like I was on the ocean shore.

I tried the two from CS, I tried a couple from ICS (will post reviews soon), I tried a couple of others from AH (will post reviews soon) but none have been as good as the Atlantic Sea Kelp.

My neighbor tried my tester candle as well. She liked it but felt it was a little "sushi" after a few hours. It is very similar to being by the ocean in terms of the salt, seaweed, etc. I kind of dug it; my neighbor, not so much.

I loved burning it in connection with coco peach (geluminations). The two fragrances together reminded me of that smell you get after a day at the beach.

Eve