Why is ScentWorks sending me this???

Fire and Ice

Thank you again for your order, copied below, which has been routed to me for disposition. We are concerned regarding your purchase of the highlighted fragrance oil product.

Our fragrance oils are *NOT* perfume or otherwise wearable oils but are industrial-grade products used by formulators. These products are NOT intended for direct use on the skin.

If you are not a formulator or professional perfumer, you should not be ordering or using these products. Please advise by return e-mail (no verbals, please) and, if necessary, we will delete the fragrance oils from your order. We will continue to HOLD your order until this matter is resolved.

Awaiting your kind reply, I am

--

Very truly yours,

THE SCENT WORKS

Mike

Customer Service

http://www.scent-works.com

----- Original Message -----

I ordered 4oz of the Tonic scent to use in my soap. I find this a very odd email. Why do they assume I know nothing about F/O????

Fire

I replied for them to complete the order and send it!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that all your ordered? Have you ordered from there before? I would think that from their perspective since you only bought one oil that maybe you thought it was perfume. I bet you they get complaints from people when they get their oils are realize it's not "perfume" and have broken out when put on the skin. I'm sure they flag one oil orders and ones that are dupes.

I ordered it, paid with PayPal. I only told them to send me my order that I had paid for.

I don't plan to use it in anything but CP soap. Their prices are too high to waste the scent in a candle.:shocked2:

What upsets me is that they assume I know nothing!

Yet they have how it works in CP soap.:confused:

Yeah it's my first order with them but I personall don't think they should assume I will use it in the wrong application!:angry2:

I mean, after all I'm paying, with shipping included : $20.80

Fire

Odd indeed. You didn't ask them anything before becoming a customer did you? Could be they sent that to the wrong person too and just don't realize it yet.

I asked no questions of any sort. I made no claims either.

They had my email address and shipping info attached to show that they had routed it correctly. They just assume I'm stupid!:confused:

I DO know that F/O that go into any kind of soap have to be body and skin safe.:rolleyes2

It may be some type of 'disclosure' that they use for any of their Designer Dupes.

Could be someone, at some time, bought it thinking it was a perfume oil, used it directly on their skin and got some type of reaction?

That makes alot of sense Jackie, I could see this happening very easily.

This was in their F & Q section.

Are Your Fragrance Oils Skin-safe?

Yes, the vast majority are (except for a few from our Value-Line Fragrances), but only when diluted. The Scent Works® fragrance oils are not perfume oils but highly concentrated, manufacturer's-grade products, for professional use only[a], and NOT for direct use on the skin. We recommend an absolute maximum concentration of twenty percent (20%) in any solution"] in accordance with IFRA(5) guidelines.

[a] Fragrance oils are combustible or flammable, may contain hazardous substances that present physical and/or health dangers, and require special precautions and spill/leak procedures, with special protective equipment and control measures. Persons and/or organizations unfamiliar with these dangers should refrain from use.

You should always test your fragrance oil body compounds (bath gels, creams, lotions, etc.) for skin irritation and general safety. Our Limitations Of Liability provisions apply.

I agree...I think because you ordered just one fragrance and it happens to be a dupe..... that sent a red flag up. They probably have had someone buy it thinking it was perfume and then bitched. So now they just set it to send a red flag to make sure the person is aware that it is a FO. They don't know you from adam and you have no past history in ordering so they are covering their butts.

That was an odd email, IMO.

Someone probably questioned if their oils could be used solely for perfume application. They may be sending this out to new customers. I wouldn't take offense to it.

Damn girl, that oil comes out to over 80.00 a lb, in 4 oz increments!

Yikes. Better to hop on the mailing list and wait for a good sale.

This was in their F & Q section.

Are Your Fragrance Oils Skin-safe?

Yes, the vast majority are (except for a few from our Value-Line Fragrances), but only when diluted. The Scent Works® fragrance oils are not perfume oils but highly concentrated, manufacturer's-grade products, for professional use only[a], and NOT for direct use on the skin. We recommend an absolute maximum concentration of twenty percent (20%) in any solution in accordance with IFRA(5) guidelines.

[a] Fragrance oils are combustible or flammable, may contain hazardous substances that present physical and/or health dangers, and require special precautions and spill/leak procedures, with special protective equipment and control measures. Persons and/or organizations unfamiliar with these dangers should refrain from use.

You should always test your fragrance oil body compounds (bath gels, creams, lotions, etc.) for skin irritation and general safety. Our Limitations Of Liability provisions apply.

sad to say, most people don't read those things.

That was an odd email, IMO.

Someone probably questioned if their oils could be used solely for perfume application. They may be sending this out to new customers. I wouldn't take offense to it.

Damn girl, that oil comes out to over 80.00 a lb, in 4 oz increments!

Yikes. Better to hop on the mailing list and wait for a good sale.

Well that's with shipping, Sweetie!

I'm on the mailing list. I have heard so many people say wonderful things about this scent, I just wanted to try it! I only plan to use it in soap. I don't make lotion or other things yet. Maybe later this summer. But for me, learn one thing at a time and give your full undivided attention! I'll concentrate on CP soap and in four months, once I've made 60 logs and slabs, I'll look into the rest of the B&B things.

But CP owns my attention right now!

I finally got my oils so I can soap now!:yay:

Fire

They just assume I'm stupid!:confused: ...

I DO know that F/O that go into any kind of soap have to be body and skin safe.:rolleyes2

I'd have to say that it is a CYA thing...when we put warning labels on candles are we saying that the customer is too stupid to know how to burn a candle? No - just CYA. I wouldn't take it personal.

I didn't say you were a nobody! :shocked2: ...

And I'm looking forward to seeing your soaps!

I'M SORRY! LOL! What's a NOOB? A novice? I certainly am THAT!:P:laugh2:

I won't be showing any soap because I don't have a digital camera. But I will be certain to discribe to all of you. I'm going to try an ITP swirl with Cocoa powder

Lye water is in the sink cooling. Hard oils are measured and melted, soft oils are measured and in the soap pot.

Now if I could just find my brand new whisk that I bought a minth ago. I thought I placed it in my soap tote but it must be outside in the truck. Will have to find that before I begin tomorrow afternoon!

Fire

:shocked2: I certainly hope this is a joke!:embarasse I welcome everybody's input into this odd letter. Most everyone on this board knows more than I do! I have never seen something like this before so I submitted it to EVERYONE for comment. If you read the whole thread, you know that nobody else has ever gotten it!

Carebear is welcome to answer and question I put to these boards. Her knowledge and wisdom is welcomed by ME!

I'm not angry but I am slightly shocked by you odd comment.

Off to make more soap!

Fire