Why is ScentWorks sending me this???

Fire and Ice

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you again for your order, copied below, which has been routed to me for disposition. We are concerned regarding your purchase of the highlighted fragrance oil product.

Our fragrance oils are *NOT* perfume or otherwise wearable oils but are industrial-grade products used by formulators. These products are NOT intended for direct use on the skin.

If you are not a formulator or professional perfumer, you should not be ordering or using these products. Please advise by return e-mail (no verbals, please) and, if necessary, we will delete the fragrance oils from your order. We will continue to HOLD your order until this matter is resolved.

Awaiting your kind reply, I am

--

Very truly yours,

THE SCENT WORKS

Mike

Customer Service

http://www.scent-works.com

----- Original Message -----

I ordered 4oz of the Tonic scent to use in my soap. I find this a very odd email. Why do they assume I know nothing about F/O????

Fire

I replied for them to complete the order and send it!

That's the same kind of email I got from him one time. With the CAPs on certain words. Mike sure likes to type and wants to make sure he gets HIS point across. And HE?Mike??? loves to tell you he would be glad to delete your order. Well, I'm too old to be talked to like that.

Yeah, I had him smelling lots of fo's today, so he may look that way tonight :laugh2:

Keep us posted, Di, ok?

Well he didn't win, I didn't really expect him to--there was tough competition. He did look ok tonight though. Poor bugger, always nominated, never has won. Maybe next year :)

Added a pic of him tonight :wink2:

post-700-139458443182_thumb.jpg

I agree, it sounds like a disclaimor. Unfortunately, there are people who will use an ingredient and products inappropriately and disclaimors can become hardliners to warn people to know how the ingredient or products can safely be used. I do also agree this could be stated less abrasive while informing the customer. Huggs, Bekka