Photo Hurricane

Tara

That looks awesome! I tried to make a hurricane yesterday, but it didn't go so well.... It got stuck in the mold, so I had to destroy it to get it out. The parts of the pic I did see looked like there was way too much wax on top of it. I'll try again tonite, hope like heck it turns out half as awesome as yours!!

Very nice clear and shinney!!!

Do you have any tips?

Thank you for all the nice comments!! As for any tips.. the key is to get it right after the 5th time LOL Actually I use IGI 1014 wax with no additives and that's what works for me. I tried peak's new hurricane/embed wax and couldn't get it to work for me. I don't know if it's just me but I went back to the 1014 and got it right the first attempt.

the key is to get it right after the 5th time LOL Actually I use IGI 1014 wax with no additives and that's what works for me. I tried peak's new hurricane/embed wax and couldn't get it to work for me. I don't know if it's just me but I went back to the 1014 and got it right the first attempt.

Thanks, I will try that wax because I've had the same problem with the wax I use.

tips.. the key is to get it right after the 5th time LOL Actually I use IGI 1014 wax with no additives and that's what works for me. I tried peak's new hurricane/embed wax and couldn't get it to work for me.

I haven't used Peak's new wax, yet, so I was wondering what kind of problems you were having with it. I've never heard of the 1014. Is that a straight paraffin? What's it's melt point?

'Cane looks great, all nice & shiny, as does your family picture.

My understanding is the 1014 replaced the 1554 which is what I was using but thought I would try peak's. With the Peak's, it just kept sticking to parts of the mold so after the 5th try I went back to the 1014 with no additives and it worked like a charm the first time. I will use peak's for some embeds or something.