What candle are you burning today?

soycool

I am burning blackberry marmalade from CS and it is good, I think I like the cran marm better howerver. Also very vanilla from CS. That's it for now. For both scents I use my old faithful square masons eco pure and lx 28's I know that seems big but I have always got my lx's from the same supplier and LX 26's were fine for awhile but I think I experienced some wick inconsistensies. I get some mushrooming but sometimes a think my wick trimmer is to blame, need to try nail clippers for a cleaner cut. In my tins I think eco's are best. I think I get good hot throw, but I always wonder if some of you get a hot throw that would really surprise me. Natalie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT's White Witch. My 1st tester didn't throw well so I changed types of wicks and WOW -- what a nice fragrance.:grin2:

(a blend of Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils including Patchouli, Frankincense, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk, a tiny bit of Rose and more.)

JBN's Black Raspberry Vanilla

AromaHaven's Lavender

BCS- Sex on the Beach

BCN Verbena Berry, Twigs & Berries, Wildberry Zinger Tea

I am testing new wicks and this is why I have so many burning at once...UGH!

Yesterday I orders some fragrances from Nature Garden and I hope they have a good hot and cold throw - Butt Naked, Monkey Farts and Butterfly Hugs.

OT's White Witch. My 1st tester didn't throw well so I changed types of wicks and WOW -- what a nice fragrance.:grin2:

(a blend of Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils including Patchouli, Frankincense, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk, a tiny bit of Rose and more.)

This is new info to me. How does the wick affect throw? I had read that hot throw comes from the melt pool. Which wicks did you change from and to? Sorry so many questions...

Am anxious for Spring to get here, so treating myself to a spring scent. Burning "Elegant Orchid" from Bert's Heaven Scent. A fabulous throw and wonderful scent. It is now my newest favorite floral scent. I didn't even cure this jar candle for 2 days and the scent throw is incredible in 6006 wax.:rolleyes2

Patchouli from TC in the sitting room, disappointing ht @8% in my soy/para blend, in a 3" pillar.

Sweet Pea from Bert's in my downstairs bathroom, only a votive as it's a small room but doing well so far, better than I thought it would.

Black Vetyver Cafe from Daystar, in my bedroom, very disappointing ht with this one, again a 3" pillar.

Apple Cinnamon from Bert's in my upstairs bathroom, again a disappointing ht @8% & a 3" pillar.

Looks like most of these will end up as clamshells & melts just to use them up.

Sally.