grapefruit without the fuel smell - is it possible?

eva

Hi all,

I would so much like to add a grapefruit candle to my line, but I have not found one that does not give a fuel smell while burning.

Is it at all possible to find one??

It does not have to be a straight grapefruit, it can be a mixture...

Any ideas? I use soy wax.

Best, Eva

Nishiki Grapefruit from MC. Throws great in my soyblend and no fuel smell to my nose.

That said...I couldn't sell it straight. People liked it but didn't buy it. I decided to add a little vanilla to it and changed the name to...of course...Vanilla Grapefruit and put the candles out at my Christmas Open House. They loved it and I sold them all. LOL

Maggie

Sweet Serendipity from The Scented Bean -- throws in both soy/paraffin blend and soy

Fairy Dust & Twinkle Toes from Candle Cocoon -- throws in both soy/paraffin blend and soy

Both are Grapefruit blends with other notes but the grapefruit is prominent. They are very good. :)

I really like grapefruit a lot, but it doesn't sell at all around here. I've tried quite a few, but never noticed a fuel smell to any of them. Have you asked anyone else what they think of the grapefruits you've tried? I'd guess that your nose has receptors to make this scent smell differently to you.

Susan.

Thanks all!

I believe I have the Fairy dust.. tester somewhere, I will give it a try.

Maybe it is my nose, but I almost always smell fuel with citruses. and as I can smell it I am afraid others will too, so I can not use these scents.

The latest I tried was Bert's grapefruit, such a pity as the cold throw was yummy. I know vanilla helps but not always as I have found out... I could detect some vanilla notes in Bert's grapefruit also but there still was a fuel smell. Her lemon biscotti however didn't, but that really is more biscotti than lemon. But a nice scent still.

I will continue my search...

Best,

Eva

How strange that BCN did not add that one. :confused:

Not sure. I begged for it, lol! It is truly the only grapefruit I found that did not give a funky smell, that was super true and threw like a bugger in my soy. Even though it was a grapefruit/mint, the mint was just a slight hint. It was flat out like you had cut open a grapefruit without any sweet vanilla-y along with it. I have about 1/4 of an ounce which I will probably take to my grave. It was not a HUGE seller for me, but it was a very steady summer staple, not to mention it was my absolute favorite.

BCN's WYW Vanilla Grapefruit has no fuel smell to me. It is more expensive, but you don't have to use as much. I've only tested it so far in J223 in a jelly jar and it has a strong hot/cold throw. Grapefruit is not one of my favorite scents. I haven't made up any of this scent to sell yet, though, so don't know how it will sell. It's probably one of those scents that only certain people will want.

Not sure. I begged for it, lol! It is truly the only grapefruit I found that did not give a funky smell, that was super true and threw like a bugger in my soy. Even though it was a grapefruit/mint, the mint was just a slight hint. It was flat out like you had cut open a grapefruit without any sweet vanilla-y along with it. I have about 1/4 of an ounce which I will probably take to my grave. It was not a HUGE seller for me, but it was a very steady summer staple, not to mention it was my absolute favorite.

It threw incredibly for everyone and nope, no hint of fuel. I am baffled.

You might want to try WYW's Vanilla Grapefruit. It is strong, 3% is what I use in paraffin.