OMG,OMG,OMG... massive mistake here

I'm so sorry.... Have him send you to a hypnotist who can help you recall everything that was written.... If he complains about the cost, tell him it's cheaper THAN A DIVORCE

Hope your today is better than your yesterday.

I fixed your post.

{{{{HUGS}}}} Oh, Kim, just reading your ordeal makes my stomach hurt for you. My fiance knows good and well not to touch any of my candle stuff or move it or relocate it without first asking what it is and if I need it. I would have killed him if he'd done something like your DH did, and I'd have told him to go stand in a corner until I could look at him without wanting to spit nails. LOL

I hope that some of your formulas come back to you.

And now I have this sudden urge to go home and document my notes in three or four different places.

Guest LightofDawn

Aww Kim, :awww: I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I think there must be something in the air or a fool moon.

I spent last week testing Ultra-core wicks in 4 candles. Saturday night I blew the candles out and let them sit on top of my stove to cool while I ran to a friends house. I was gone maybe an hour. I came back to find pits in my candles and a bottle of wine sitting next to the stove. :shocked2: Apparently while I was gone, my wine induced mother decided that she needed to light all the candles and trim the wicks. She must have trimmed the wicks after she lit them because one of the candles had wax on the side with wick remnants in it. Like the wick dropped in the wax so she figured she would just pour it out. I was so furious I could have spit nails. 12 hours of testing shot down the drain on one of the candles. The other three I was able to salvage. I have no idea what she was thinking. :confused: Darn good thing I love her.

Hearing your story I think I will go home and warn her not to ever touch my notes. She is really bad about throwing stuff away.

I feel bad being upset over losing a few hours of work you have lost so much more. I hope it all comes back to you.

Dawn

• 3 weeks later...

Let me guess, he went into your candle looking for some leftover wax to start a fire, found some and then on his way out, came across your 'unimportant looking binder' and decided to use it as kindling.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, your book I mean.

I sure hope you had him sifting through the ashes looking for any traces of your formulas even though there may not be any but at least he'd be paying for it.

Hopefully it'll all come back to you.

Soooo sorry this happened to you!!!

Husband's just don't know... they are clueless. My own DH decided he just HAD to clean out my craft room..... I keep all of my Candle, Soap, and Scrapbooking stuff in this room. I was just lucky enough to get to the 2 bags of "trash" and go threw them before he took them out. I was totally P*ssed when I recovered my "trash"... Grrr... :mad:

I hope that maybe after you are able to clear your head some your info will come back to you.

~Kristen~

I know there are NO words to describe how you feel and how this is affecting you.I am so sorry for you, Kim! I have never had this kind of an experience before but am thinkingif I had,OMGosh! I would def. back everthing up on a computer and the 3x5 card thing was an excellent idea..of course hide that so if it did"accidently" happen again it would all be backed up twice!:)

Hope everything comes out ok for ya!.............

Kimmeroo:highfive:

Well... after a few weeks of work, I can honestly say that everything is lost. I thought that once I calmed down, I might remember some of the fo combinations I used to get the candles I'd made... no such luck.

The single formulations were easy, I can't come up with any of the ones that were combinations. I talked with my sister and my best friend thinking that they might recall stuff that I'd said to them... no luck there either.

A lesson well learned I guess.

Kim

Soooo sorry this happened to you!!!

Husband's just don't know... they are clueless. My own DH decided he just HAD to clean out my craft room..... I keep all of my Candle, Soap, and Scrapbooking stuff in this room. I was just lucky enough to get to the 2 bags of "trash" and go threw them before he took them out. I was totally P*ssed when I recovered my "trash"... Grrr... :mad:

I hope that maybe after you are able to clear your head some your info will come back to you.

~Kristen~

What did he throw away?

I'd be totally livid!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... after a few weeks of work, I can honestly say that everything is lost. I thought that once I calmed down, I might remember some of the fo combinations I used to get the candles I'd made... no such luck.

The single formulations were easy, I can't come up with any of the ones that were combinations. I talked with my sister and my best friend thinking that they might recall stuff that I'd said to them... no luck there either.

A lesson well learned I guess.

Kim

We're learning, too. I've just started making soap and have been writing stuff down as well as putting it in a word doc on my pc.

Do you at least remember what scents you ordered most often so maybe you can reformulate the most popular ones? Just a thought.