Managemore Inventory Control Software

kdmorgan

Thanks so much for the link Jeff! I downloaded the free trial and gave it a little test run. I ended up purchasing the Platinum system because I need to be able to create trackable assemblies (candles lol).

It cost $45 but normally sells for $249. I didn't spring for the users manual (extra $40) so I will have to figure it out on my own but all the info is build into the help program already so I'll get through it.

When I get it all going, i'll let everyone know how well it works. The biggest problem now is assigning part numbers for inventory lol!

Thanks again,

Kim

P.S. If anyone already has this program. I'd love to know how it is working for you

Where did you buy it for $45?

I have wanted quickbooks premier for ages to be able to inventory raw goods as well as finished products- and be able to say what raw goods are in a finished product! I am hoping that's what you mean by "trackable assemblies". I haven't been able to afford the huge price tag of quickbooks so I've been struggling along!

Never mind about where to buy it, found the version on ebay. :o

Still would love to know if the "trackable assemblies" part handles the raw material/etc part, though!

Hi Bravo,

I'm still muttling through the program but, yes, I was able to put in raw material and build a candle for inventory that has quantity on hand, promised, etc. I am still playing with it so I don't want to tell anyone it's great software yet but I think (fingers crossed) it is exactly what I was looking for!

I'm not sure what version the demo actually is. I bought the premier because it said it has B.O.M. capabilities. If you want to check the demo version to see if it can create B.O.M.s, go to the list pull-down menu/inventory/manufacturing/inventory assemblies.

Like I said before, I'm just playing around with it right now but it looks very promising!!

Forgot to add...When the dialog box comes up you have to click on the "add" icon in the upper left hand corner

Ugh-I keep getting an error and it won't let me back into the software. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked again for awhile- then kaput!

I'll contact their tech support and see if they can help me.

It appears that I can incorporate the software with my customwebsite- that would be awesome. :D

Got another question for you!

How do you handle different options like different color and FO options? I want to be able to do something like- a batch a soap recipe 1 requires x amount of oil A, x amount of oil B, then x amount of a fragrance oil, but I'll specify which one when I make it.

I hope this makes sense.... :tongue2:

• 2 months later...

I'm on XP pro and bought the full version. I ended up buying the manual as well. I like it, but i'm also not just tracking my candles. It took me some getting used to for the manufacturing side, but it is nice. Just a major learning curve, and i'm still figuring thing out.

I'm still thinking of using Quickbooks for the finance side.

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and bought the full version also. Minus the book. I can usually figure things out by messing with it for awhile, however after looking at the manufacturing side I think I should have gotten the book. :shocked2:

Other than that I think it will work fine. I have a part time collectibles business with my bother-in-law and this works great for that. The model for collectibles is right on.

For manufacturing

Use List --> Inventory --> Manufacturing --> Assembly

create the scented wax if you want there then create the candle you will have to do some math for the FO against the wax to get the proper amount used

Use Activity --> Manufacturing --> New Work Reciept (can skip the others)

This will be what you use to actually make the items and put it into your inventory.

I've got departments out the rump, and not to mention category after category after category for all the candle stuff and different stuff from the DW.

There is a scrap option that i'm still tweaking. When i make my testers i use the alocation(think that's the right option) to take them out of inventory with a reason code for testing.

I'm at my office so i don't have the software in front of me i'll be able to give better answers this evening. Compile your list of questions, and i'll do my best to answer them when i get home.

My hubby bought this software today and we put it on out PC since it's not MAC friendly. I've added my raw goods under supplies. Now I'm trying to do a BOM for a batch of soap. But it won't let me pull in any of my supplies. It says that it has to be tangible or non-tangible goods. How are any of you doing this?Thanks :)

Raw goods are not supplies, they are product. They are counted as inventory for taxes and such as well.

So to use the manufatuting it has to be product.

What i did was create departments for handmade candles then categories for wax, wicks, scents etc.