Christmas "Snow" crackles

Donita

I made these for my niece for Christmas. They are scented cinnamon red hots. I needed ice water to crackle so instead of ice cubes I just went outside in my nightgown and a coat and shoveled some snow into a pot. Worked great......it was really cold. (smile)

The pictures aren't very good. I know I need a light box. But you get the idea. I did two shots so you can see that one is a heart and the middle one is a cat's eye shape. I turned around and shot the icicles in the window. The glare from all of the snow outside made taking a picture difficult. I got cinnamon fragrance in my nose and it burns but smells nice (smile).....Donita

post-248-139458439313_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458439314_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458439315_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone.......I still have Christmas candles to make tomorrow. We have relatives coming and I have to make some more.......and....I just found a little flamingo cookie cutter that I bought from the Internet for wax cut outs.....so I dyed some cookie dough neon pink and will make sugar cookies with it. Who knew that cookie cutters weren't just for wax (smile).. Donita

Happy Holidays

Thanks for all of the great feedback. If anyone wants to know how I get my great red......it is dark pink blocks from Candlewic. One day I discovered that if I used twice as much as you would use for pink......I got this great red. Been using it for years. Doesn't compare to any reds I know for my taste. Everyone seems to like a different red. I am partial to the blue reds. Of course if you use it with vybar it will change. This is straight paraffin and stearic. It keeps a jewel tone this way.

The chunks in the candles are rainbow colors. Then the red poured over them. Little specks of all colors show a tiny bit.

I love making chunks.

Donita

Guest ShellyRobyn

Those are just beautiful! Trying to recover from Christmas and get into the Valentine mode and I think those just did it for me! :smiley2: