QB Simple Start 2008 is Free!!

islandgirl

I have the QB simple start 2007 and love it. (I started with 2005)

Pretty basic program but has everything I need. Makes life real easy around tax time.. I just burn of copy and give it to my accountant!!:cool2:

You can always try the free 2008 version, play around with it and see if it meets your needs.

ETS~ This is new this year that they are offering it free, hoping people will upgrade later.

I had to pay 80.00 for my 2007 simple start upgrade last year!!

We're switching our work systems over from Peachtree to Quickbooks. Premier does have an inventory module that handles assemblies (BOM's).

We are also switching the retail part of it to QB Point Of Sale, and it handles BOM's, and it's awesome, better inventory than Premier. Too pricey for most here unless you can get your hands on a copy (like um....I did.....um....:rolleyes2 )

Hmmm, I am downloading it now. My putor must really be slow. I have dialup and its says its going to take 25 hours. Is that normal?:confused: Oh well, glad I am going shopping today.

it's a 200+ meg file, so on dial-up it'll take forever.

The system requirements aren't that bad for installing and using.

is this really easy to use?

I write everything down and save everything, only been in business since August, but I haven't kept it in any kind of order and need to sort it.

One question for those that have it, I took the demo and it mentioned dollars, is there a facility to change that to GBP (pounds sterling) thanks

is this really easy to use?

I write everything down and save everything' date=' only been in business since August, but I haven't kept it in any kind of order and need to sort it.

One question for those that have it, I took the demo and it mentioned dollars, is there a facility to change that to GBP (pounds sterling) thanks[/quote']

My DW has been using it since the older version and she's seemed to have figured it out. After the upgrade i started inputting my candle stuff, and being used to quicken i'm having to hunt for things.

Here's the link to the UK site for quickbooks

http://quickbooks.intuit.co.uk/index.jsp

My DW has been using it since the older version and she's seemed to have figured it out. After the upgrade i started inputting my candle stuff, and being used to quicken i'm having to hunt for things.

Here's the link to the UK site for quickbooks

http://quickbooks.intuit.co.uk/index.jsp

thanks for the link, we have to pay in the UK, no free download for us :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm, I am downloading it now. My putor must really be slow. I have dialup and its says its going to take 25 hours. Is that normal?:confused: Oh well, glad I am going shopping today.

Connie,

Were you successful in downloading this? I was just reading on the QB's site that those with dialup connections cannot download it because the file is too large. I have dialup so I was wondering if you were able to.

Thanks,

Donna

I downloaded it last week and like it so far. I had been keeping records all over the place so its nice to have one place to keep them now.

I also do the bookkeeping at my office and they just installed the 2008 Pro. So I am getting used to both of them now. I had the 2005 version at work before and the 2008 version sure is different looking.