Floral candles for gift exchange

Donita

We are attending an annual Christmas party tonight. We are supposed to bring a gift for the exchange game. Everyone gets a gift but you can steal it from someone up to 5 times then it stays. Last year we brought a bottle of expensive wine. It got passed to the limit. This year I decided to make something. So....yesterday I made three candles. The orbs are 100% beeswax and the hurricane is 50/50. I am not sure which one I will take yet. I put them next to my reindeer just because. I found it in a thrift store last year and love it. Cost 50 cents. The people who are hosting the party have a flight of stairs up to their house so in order for Sid and his wheelchair to get into their home they are building a ramp and rigging up a wench to pull him up. Last year two of our strong friends carried him up....scared the heck out of me. I didn't watch them when they took him down..........eeeeeeeeeeeeek! Sure hope this works out.

Happy Holidays everyone. Donita

post-248-139458438973_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458438976_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458438978_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone. I am just getting ready to box up some candles. The hostess is getting a set of three light tan and green chunk crackle candles scented gardenia. Her house is done in earth tones so this choice should work out just fine.

Tea....I press most of my millions of flowers (yes millions)....but sometimes I buy from my friend Kate Chu www.pressed-flowers.com . She is the founder of my flower forum boards and started The World Wide Pressed Flower Guild. Her work is AMAZING......many of the women in the guild are true artists. You just can't imagine what you can do with flowers. I am in awe. Donita

I just turn green with envy when I see yours Donita! You always arrange them so beautifully. All I can manage are the very simple designs. Live flowers, pressed ones, gift baskets, even seashells... arranging nicely just doesn't seem to be in my nature...lol

Ohh, I finally found some of the gel medium. I just haven't been brave enough to try it yet...lol. Surprising how many of the flowers fade so much after a year... and the leaves even quicker :/

Wow Donita... These are beautiful!

I love florals and I hope some day to be able to do things similiar. (I'm a newbie here btw) It's nice to see your awesome work and I know I will be keeping a lookout for your work!

I hope the party goes great and I bet your candles are the hit!!

J......maybe you should visit a Zoo. Those aren't moose.....they are reindeer and I was trying to give my candles a little holiday decoration. It was my special find last year at the thrift store and I paid $1.00 for it. It is wood so I can't make a candle out of it so I just put it next to my candles.....(smile)....Happy 2008!!!!!!!!Donita