Just been filmed for a TV Programme

Wick'n'Wax

and boy was it fun lol.

I received an email from the BBC, who wanted to film me at my candle company! They came today to film me pouring candles, and set up a display of my christmas ones, then did an interview with me (scary stuff lol).

It's for a 12 days of Christmas, 1 night is candles, another is bells, hymns etc and will be aired in the UK from 12th to 24th December (not sure which night yet).

All good free advertising though :D

was very nervous lol, but the presenter was such a riot, great bloke.

Of course, both him and the camera man and the lady I originally spoke too, all went off with a bag full of business cards, brochures and a pillar ;)

and just in case there weren't enough subtle hints, I was wearing my t-shirt with my website and logo splashed all over it :D, as you do!

you know, the presenter, really made me feel at ease. It was so surreal after seeing him on TV then he's walking up my garden path!

He kept cracking jokes, we were like the 3 stooges lol.

They put my dining table in the middle of the room, with lots of my christmas candles, and snowballs, christmas puds lit etc, and interviewed Quentin the presenter at the table, with my candles in shot and me pouring in the background in the kitchen.

All the time I'm stirring, I'm thinking, stomach and chin, stomach and chin, making sure I'd pulled both in lmao

Then I had to place a mince pie melt in the oil burner, and I did it with my 2 good nails ;) showing lol

I enjoyed it actually, although nervous at the time.

I've listed my christmas stock on my website and hubby has taken some to work.

I did my first craft fair on Saturday and it was absolutely pants, I didn't even cover the cost of the table, so theres plenty of stock ;) Turns out it wasn't really a craft fair, but a market at a school, everything was brand new household items. Oh well.

Hopefully this will get me out there a little

• 2 weeks later...
I did my first craft fair on Saturday and it was absolutely pants' date=' I didn't even cover the cost of the table, so theres plenty of stock ;) Turns out it wasn't really a craft fair, but a market at a school, everything was brand new household items. Oh well.

Hopefully this will get me out there a little[/quote']

Maybe it was fate that you didn't sell much. After your TV debut you may have so many customers you don't have time to re-stock. :yay:

That's so cool, congrats to ya. I'd probably pass dead out as soon as the camera went on me, if not sooner. LOL I couldn't even stand in front of my public speaking class and give speaches without getting flushed and dizzy.

Again Congrats and I hope it brings you tons and tons of business.

It was aired last night, I was soooooo embarressed lol, it didn't sound like me at all ;)

We had a simpsons moment, everyone gathered on the sofa! It was only about a minute and a half, but enough to show my products and get my name out there.

Hubby rang this morning to say someone at work wanted the christmas pudding that was filmed lol. A complete stranger in a petrol station today, looked at me and said, were you on tv last night!

Someone taped it for me and its already on youtube ;) if you want to see just search for waxcetera, thats my company name.

fingers crossed, it'll bring more business in

Glad you liked it, hubby took some ribbing today at work about doing the cooking ;) and they are getting rude as to where he finds glitter :laugh2:

thanks for the compliments, my accent, I still can't bear listening to myself hehe

My son locked me in his room tonight with it on youtube full blast :tiptoe:

• 2 years later...