Getting geared up for xmas!

Ashleigh

I had to modge podge it.

It ended up holding 4oz of wax.

I was surprised I really didnt think it would hold that much

I had a 44z in it but it was leaving just a little less than a cm all the way around so I'm going to try to go up a wick... as soon as i buy some :undecided

Anyway they are so darn cute and would make great little stocking stuffers!

Ashleigh

Lisa you will find modge podge at walmart in crafts dept. i saw those little buckets today too and some coffee mugs with santa and snowmen on them, couldn't make up my mind so i didn't either. walmart has a lot of nice things in right now , that would make nice christmas containers candles. i loved a clear & red mug from anchor hocking , it would look so pretty filled with hot chocolate.

These are so cute. Being new to this last year I bought some from Big Lots (holds 10oz). So excited because I wicked them right off the bat but knew nothing about seam/seamless containers. So while testing to the bottom I had a pool outside the container. Hate to even think about it as I poured about 10 tins (candy cane and pine) and they sat till I melted them down and put in jelly jars after Christmas. Its funny as I've been sealing these this past week and pouring. What a terrible way to learn- but I did :D

Yes, you can make candles in soup bowls and mugs, but wicking can be tricky. Depending on the size, I'd double wick. The bowls/mugs must also be a heat-resistant material.

I LOVE those X-mas containers!!! I need to find some of those...who wouldn't buy them? :D

all walmarts...or at least any one i've ever been to have a seasonal section. i think they just got the christmas stuff out so ours was just one isle in the middle of all the halloween stuff. in our walmarts it's usually in the middle of the kitchen type stuff. they have the cuttest stuff this year!! thank goodness my boyfriend was with me to get me out of there or i would have spent a ton of $$$$!!!