I Love CD Wicks

I may have to try them in my votives. I read in some other posts that CD5 & CD6 are good for votives. What kind of wax is this 464 you're talking about?

464 is a soy wax with a soy based additive for "better scent throw and smoother tops" let me tell you it works.

Thanks for the info on bittercreek. i had just bought 14,16, and 18 from the classifieds on here, but I am going to bittercreek right now.

My wicks were at least one to two sizes bigger for C3 vs 464... the melt points are totally different!!

And Bittercreek doesn't just throw their wicks in a bag! They have half tabs up and half tabs down and all the wicks are straight and not bent with the wax broken on them (other places have had pretty bad wick packaging).

-Kristi

If anyone is interested I have been testing a lot of different wicks in a parasoy and never really cared for wicks that burned "off center" - but I have to admit that so far the CDs I have (testers from BCN) are the BEST in this wax.

I use mostly use plain old cottons now in soy, but for this parasoy that I'm using for darker colors I will stick with the CDs unless I come across something else during testing.

If I can ask you CD experts, do the CDNs burn at the same level as the CDs - meaning, if I get my wicking down with CDs will I have much of a headache switching over to CDNs? I know they are the same except the added chemical on the CDNs - but I thought I read someone posted that the CDNs burn a bit hotter than the straight CDs. (I would be asking as someone using container soy or parasoy). The WU site lists them in one grid together, but I'm asking for real-world experience IYKWIM ! :)

TIA

EDIT: Found the thread - from just a couple days ago: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61101. (Wow - four sizes different - does that coating make THAT much of size difference?)

Well...with Bitterceek, the above packaging is TRUE.....UNLESS you order 100 like I did and then they were just thrown into a bag and double bagged with a tag that said 1000 CD 16 wicks. I'm NOT complaining because they ship fast, but I was surprised they shipped this way.

Just to clarify......seems I had a typo....I ordered 1000 of the wicks and they were shipped in a bag that said 1000 CD 16 wicks. When ordering only 100 wicks they were nicely packaged.