Is this soap fugly?

Melly

Need to know what you guys think of this soap, it was just cut and needs to be cleaned up a bit. This is scented lavender with shea butter and silk. First time using a water discount, first time using silk, and im still kind of new to oxides. Was downstairs soaping last night after I get the little one in bed, and hubby starts yelling for me to come to bed with him, saying its ridiculas that im making soap at this hour, and he needs to get up early (its only 9:30 pm at this point ) So, needless to say I rushed this poor batch. Im not sure if im happy with it or not, it has oxide specks in it and im not used to a textured top from a slab mold. Im hoping to start going to farmers market soon and trying to build up some stock, should I add this to it or keep this batch for personal use / christmas presents.

Lavender_1.JPG

I REALLY like it, like the color, like the little speckles, like the waviness of the tops, I just like it all. :D

So, have you tried it out yet? How does the silk make it feel? I'm sooo curious about that, wondering if you can really notice a big difference or not?

GREAT JOB!! :thumbsup:

Yes, i tried it, silk goes in every batch from now on :) It makes the lather feel very smooth and luxerious, hard to describe, but I definatly recommend it, I just cut up a piece of 100% silk i bought at the fabric store and added it into my lye.

• 2 weeks later...