heat guns

what is the difference between a heat gun and an embossing gun?

I'd like something that radiates more and blows less than my heat gun sometimes!

An embossing gun is smaller than a heat gun. It's also designed to be held upright so the heat blows directly down whereas a heat gun is designed more like a hair dryer - just don't try to dry your hair with it. Both are pretty much designed to concentrate the heat in one direction. As far as which blows more heat - I would imagine the heat gun but I never compared the two. I wouldn't go sticking my hand under either.

For an embossing gun you could try AC Moore, Michaels, Joanns or Walmarts craft department. If you go to any of those craft stores online you can request coupons and get one for 40% off.

What all do you use heat guns for? I read a post somewhere here where it was recommended to smooth the tops of candles with a heat gun instead of doing a repour. I tried that and not sure I like, so I'm wondering what else to use this for, other than fixing mistakes on the tops of candles (if it's used for anything else).

Darbla

Got my heat gun from Wal-Mart, too.

Gosh, it makes candle-making SO much easier. Yes, mold cleaning, heating, warming, clean up, when I used wax chips I'd put it in a spoon and melt it with the heat gun. Cleaning votive molds is a breeze with the gun, paper towel and some gloves (they get HOT).

Where do you get the dollar off coupons for Hobby Lobby? I have never seen any in the sunday paper, Just Michaels.

Dawn

You can go directly to the Hobby Lobby website and print it up from there, I believe under "weekly specials". They don't always have the 40% off coupon but I think they have it every other week.

hth