4627...WOW I am Impressed!!

Kymber

I ordered in a 25# sample of this from Peaks and started pouring testers. WOW...I am impressed with this wax. After batteling Soy, Soy Blends and what have you I was ready to pull my hair out. Started on the Fall scents...was getting zero hot throw on more then I was getting any throw at all on.....the wicks that worked last year were NOT working this year and honestly I was ready to throw in the towel. This stuff is soooooooo easy!! I poured everything so far with CD wicks.....beautiful steady flame, perfect burn, no smoking, and the scent throw....out of this world!!! I have one FO that I have tried 9 different sizes and kinds of wick in and they either tunneled, would drown out half way through the jar, no hot throw.....yadda yadda. Well I poured it using this wax and it is burning perfectly...absolutely PERFECT!! And I can smell it all over the house! Yea it may be messy and sticky but well worth it with the way it burns and throws!

I followed Candlescience's recommendations for wicks and am having a tough time. I have tried HTP's and Eco's in 9 oz jars and it's not burning all the way to the side of the jar. Just made one today with a zinc core wick. Will have to try CD's & LX's next. Thanks for the info! I want to be impressed too! :undecided

I have used this wax for over 18 months now and have no complaints besides the stickiness. Got a box of latex gloves, solved that problem. This wax is AWESOME for hot throw and cold throw. Ya'll should try some lavender...gosh the throw on it is wonderful. One 8oz container will fill my living room, carry to the kitchen and so forth. My living room alone is over 500 sq. feet. Anyway, I hope everyone that tries it has success with it. I too use the lx wicks for it. I've tried the cd's and all they did was smoke, so I'm happy with the lx's. They burn exactly the way I want and pass all the tests.

The wax is sticky b/c it is known for the container adhersion. It comes in 25 lb bags that you could literally scoop out with a spoon if you wanted to. I used to use soy as well, just wasn't happy with the hot throw; so I decided to switch to paraffin. I picked this one, and have been happy ever since. It kind of reminds me of crisco.

And yes, I do find that I need to wick up on most everything with this wax. It took me quite a while to find a combo of the wax, color, fo, and wick that I was happy with. But now that I have, I wouldn't switch.

HTH

Shari

I think I tried about every combination when I wanted to go with a parasoy blend and the 4627 has been AWESOME for my blend.

I won't use any other paraffin with my soy now. It has made wicking ALOT easier than straight soy too. The scent throw is definitely WONDERFUL!

There is a slab version of that wax too if you get tired of sticky. I tended to waste a lot of it, so I stopped using it. It does make a good candle though.

Slab version? Is it as soft? How is it the same? And is that still a 70/30 mix? Has anyone used this to try to get rid of the frosting in their soy?

There is a slab version of that wax too if you get tired of sticky. I tended to waste a lot of it, so I stopped using it. It does make a good candle though.

I believe you're referring to IGI 4630 - Harmony Blend. I don't have any experience with it personally but it is a different formulation than 4627, not just a slab version of it :)

There isn't a slab version of the 4627. One of the slab versions is the 4630. I personally didn't like it as well as the 4627.

I use latex gloves a knife or an ice cream scoop at times to get mine out of the bag. It is a little messy but oh so worth it.

It is 100% paraffin but as little as 10% added to soy eliminated the frosting when I started playing with it. I have gone up to a 70/30 or 50/50 blend depending on the jar and how hard of a time I am having wicking it.

I won't use anything else but this blend for my candles now that I have used it for a while!!!

This is a great wax to have around...I have mixed different % with just about everything and have really liked the results...lately I have been testing it on its own and it really does have an amazing scent throw...considering adding this as an alternative to soy blends for those who want Paraffin! :smiley2:

Slab version? Is it as soft? How is it the same? And is that still a 70/30 mix? Has anyone used this to try to get rid of the frosting in their soy?

I made one with about 30% in an all soy and it turned out really pretty. No frosting and nice adhesion.

Is this wax just for containers

Yes, this wax is defintely for containers only! My goofy girlfriend got bored one night and only had this wax and put it in tarts and votives. Yeah, needless to say, we were melting them down the next day b/c we couldn't do anything else with them.

I hope all you guys that try this wax really like it. I have to say I am very satisfied with it and so are my customers. I use it as a straight parrifin and everyone loves the hot throw on it.

Shari

It is 100% paraffin but as little as 10% added to soy eliminated the frosting when I started playing with it. I have gone up to a 70/30 or 50/50 blend depending on the jar and how hard of a time I am having wicking it.

I'm really surprised that you were able to make a satisfactory 70/30 or 50/50 blend with 444/4627. I'd imagine it would crack and pull away from the jar.

I am not sure why you would think the 444/4627 would crack and pull away from the jar. They are both container waxes and I found the combination of the two was a perfect combination for me to wick and get great scent throw.

The 444 by itself gave me nightmares wicking but mixing in the 4627 fixed it. I get beautiful creamy candles and not one bit of cracking or pulling away from the jars.

I think I tried about every combination when I wanted to go with a parasoy blend and the 4627 has been AWESOME for my blend.

I won't use any other paraffin with my soy now. It has made wicking ALOT easier than straight soy too. The scent throw is definitely WONDERFUL!

Jami,

If you are blending this with soy, are you adding anything else to it?

I noticed that the 4627 says it is a blended paraffin, does that mean if you use it alone you don't have to add anything to it? I've had my eye on this, thinking about blending it for those fo's that I love but just won't throw in soy.

TIA!!