4627...WOW I am Impressed!!

Kymber

Jami,

If you are blending this with soy, are you adding anything else to it?

I noticed that the 4627 says it is a blended paraffin, does that mean if you use it alone you don't have to add anything to it? I've had my eye on this, thinking about blending it for those fo's that I love but just won't throw in soy.

TIA!!

The 444 is the 415 soy with a 2% universal additive. Because of that, I don't add anything else with the 4627. I started out playing with adding paraffin to my soy because of similar issues. I haven't had a scent that doesn't throw now. The softer FO's need to sit for 3 days or so. That sure beats letting them sit a week to 10 days HOPING they will throw.

I have also used 415 with the 4627. The 444/4627 combination just gave me a stronger throw so I stuck with it. The biggest reason I blend my own is because I haven't been totally satisfied with the 70/30 that I bought from a couple suppliers.

What works for me may not work for others and what works for others didn't work for me. Have to love the joys of candle making lol.

I am not sure why you would think the 444/4627 would crack and pull away from the jar. They are both container waxes and I found the combination of the two was a perfect combination for me to wick and get great scent throw.

The 444 by itself gave me nightmares wicking but mixing in the 4627 fixed it. I get beautiful creamy candles and not one bit of cracking or pulling away from the jars.

I think this way because it's a blend that I myself have tried. I've tried 50/50 as well, and also a 70/30 of 4627/444. Even the high paraffin % mixture acted and looked funky. It seems that you've had a similar experience before too: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53004

I'm convinced 4627 isn't blend able, but I'm glad it's working for you :wink2:.

I think this way because it's a blend that I myself have tried. I've tried 50/50 as well, and also a 70/30 of 4627/444. Even the high paraffin % mixture acted and looked funky. It seems that you've had a similar experience before too: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53004

I'm convinced 4627 isn't blend able, but I'm glad it's working for you :wink2:.

The bottom of the bag of soy was the only problem I had, not the first 30 lbs. I didn't keep it air tight and that is where my problem came in. I got a new case of the 444 and started making candles. No cracking and no problems. I am keeping my wax in an air tight tub now so I should eliminate the problem I had with the bottom of my batch of soy.

There actually have been several who use the 4627 as a blend with their soy.

The bottom of the bag of soy was the only problem I had, not the first 30 lbs. I didn't keep it air tight and that is where my problem came in. I got a new case of the 444 and started making candles. No cracking and no problems. I am keeping my wax in an air tight tub now so I should eliminate the problem I had with the bottom of my batch of soy.

There actually have been several who use the 4627 as a blend with their soy.

Soy drying out? Maybe a new thread is needed.

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this and am looking in to purchasing my first candlemaking kit. The kit I plan on getting has the standard 4786 wax and is for making container candles. According to the opinions on this thread, the best mix is a 70/30 of 444/4726, as it gives the best throw off.

Is there a particular reason for mixing the paraffin and soy?

Thanks,

Nick

I guess you could use it, but honestly, I never have. I've never had any problems with it; but in the same respect, I've never had candles sitting in direct sunlight for an extended period of time. I did have some lovespell, colored lavender, at a yard sale for 3 days straight, and it didn't fade. You will have to check with the more experienced people to see what they say.

HTH,

Shari

UV Inhibitor is not needed either? I'm ordering some to test!

If you use UV inhibitor in your other wax, then you should use it in 4627 as well. There is nothing in this wax that will prevent discoloration due to UV light. Flourescent light or natural sunlight will completely discolor any dyed candles that you make with it and that's a promise (unfortunately)!

If you use UV inhibitor in your other wax, then you should use it in 4627 as well. There is nothing in this wax that will prevent discoloration due to UV light. Flourescent light or natural sunlight will completely discolor any dyed candles that you make with it and that's a promise (unfortunately)!

Thanks Prairieannie! I knew someone out there would know the answer!

Shari