Just for fun - stacked candle

Georgia

I picked up this mold on clearance for 97 cents. It is 12 little circles that stack to make a 3x3 candle. It is just for me and just for fun - way too time consuming to mass produce. I was impressed with the burn, though. This was taken after a little over 3 hours. And I liked the way I got mottle and rustic out of the different layers.

post-210-139458433273_thumb.jpg

post-210-139458433279_thumb.jpg

I picked up this mold on clearance for 97 cents. It is 12 little circles that stack to make a 3x3 candle. It is just for me and just for fun - way too time consuming to mass produce. I was impressed with the burn, though. This was taken after a little over 3 hours. And I liked the way I got mottle and rustic out of the different layers.

That is so cool! Do you lay each layer on top of the other and then wick it and light it? I like the idea of mixing fragrances with the layers...

Yes, there are instructions.

You just pour the 12 circles - any color and fragrance you want - then heat up the "wicking needle" (enclosed) and make your hole for the wick. Run the wick through the holes and light. (I might have left out the part where you have to clean the edge of each circle if you want it to look real pretty.)

I like it but I can see that would be way too time consuming to sell.

I saw something similar at Walgreens, except the layers were hearts, and they had them staggered, and I was looking at it wondering how it would burn? (of course most store bought candles burn like crap no matter what shape they are! LOL) They were selling them for $3 I think.