What's your favorite candle making tool?

Just thought it would be interesting to see what everyones favorite tools (or time saving tools) to work with are, besides the wonderful PRESTO POT! LOL

My favorite thing to use is the whisk that you use to make drinks and such. Works great to stir the wax without making lots of air bubbles in it, second is the wick centering tools and plastic canvas.

So what's yours????

I have a thin-bladed stainless steel knife, dulled by years of use whose blade is curved like an old person's spine. I couldn't make candles without it!

I love the wick centering bowties - they are a timesaver for sure!

And wickpins of all sizes - my motto is that a woman cannot have too many wickpins! Or molds...:laugh2:

What's best about all three of these faves is that when they get messy, I put them in a warm oven in an aluminum pan (from leftover lasagna), then just wipe them with a paper towel to clean. HTH :D

my favorite tool is my stir stick. it looks kinda like a frosting spreader. my mom had it when i was little and handed it down to me. who knew it would come in so handy?! i use it to stir, scrape the sides of the pot, to break up small bits of leftover wax, whip wax,lol....i love it!

You mean besides the wax???:laugh2: Here are my toys. Since I make a lot of multi-colored/layered rustic pillars, I need a bunch of small containers for the different colors of wax and these little coffee pots and coffee creamers work great. And the mayo spreader, you'd have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. The stainless steel measuring cups are wonderful for small bits of wax and making small orders of lotion bars & lip balms. They heat up quickly with the heat gun and clean up is a breeze.......love stainless steel.

post-450-139458432053_thumb.jpg

Pam, I sure covet that mayo spreader...

Restaurant supply store item. Since I do acctg for some restaurants I get to see lots of stuff that I covet - when I see the stainless steel catering trays what I really see is a slab mold and that super-duper pizza dough mixer - puts a Kitchen Aide to shame:laugh2:

Jane42, I am a little confused (woke up that way today) - how is that tool used?

LOL - we used to cut our slabs of Harmony, which is a soft wax, with a knife. It was awkward and messy UNTIL I found this little tool. You can cut straight down, holding the rounded side - much neater and my hand doesn't get all "slimy" with wax....:laugh2:

LOL - we used to cut our slabs of Harmony, which is a soft wax, with a knife. It was awkward and messy UNTIL I found this little tool. You can cut straight down, holding the rounded side - much neater and my hand doesn't get all "slimy" with wax....:laugh2:

I have a couple of those and they are great for cutting M&P too.

well, #1 it is my presto pot but the if I had to choose.....it would be my trusty ol' paint sticks that I use to stir in my color and fragrance! Wouldn't be without them!!!!!!!!!!! They don't get hot and easy to clean! Just scrape off the thin film of wax and go again!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Mine would have to be the wick tool from www.wickcenteringtool.com and then the wick holders they sell also. I just got this stuff about 3 months ago and I wonder how I ever lived without them. No more babysitting my wicks to keep them straight. Also, I have a Black & Decker electric wisk that my hubby got me for Christmas. The best thing ever! No more sore wrist or forearm. It whisks for me!