A little upset I guess with BCS

I placed an order with BCS and it arrived in a good time frame, however one of the oils spilled all over the rest of my order. I really think they could have secured the bottles better; most suppliers use tape, or have a some type of seal. These were just screwed on.

I called to let them know what happened and I was told to weigh and measure the contents etc and wait for a return call to see how they wanted to handle it.

I am not one to complain but I kind of think the situation could have been handled a little better. I was very nice about it and told them that the rest of the order was salvageable.

I personally think that they should have at least offered to send me a replacement for the estimated amount I was missing. I was nice enough not to bitch and complain about it getting all over bag of wicks and the other bottles of oil. I have to take the time to clean everything off. I could have demanded the whole shipment me returned and replaced.

I just think it’s crazy for me to have to measure and weigh, wait for a phone call and now go and clean everything that was affected by the spill. All for what??? for a whopping $1.30 they offered to refund me. I know more was missing then that but at this point I don't even care! I will not be buying from them again. First and last order.

I am just more annoyed than anything.

I have got to put in this plug for Alabaster. I had ordered what I thought was the Metro Jar - before it came what it is today. When order arrived it was some kind of very thin glass with a little glass lid and called them and told them the problem. They gave me a credit for the wrong jars and told me just to keep them. I thought that was very good CS.

I've never ordered from BCS but I order from BCN all the time. Each time I've received liquid oils, they usually either have tape around the top or they are enclosed in a plastic ziplock. So even if they spilled or leaked, it would be contained somewhat. I agree with others, contact Doneen.

I had this happen last fall with Lonestar, they ask if I wanted a replacement or a credit, I took the credit since I was ordering again in a few weeks. They gave me credit for more than what actually had spilled.

They told me then that they had gotten several complaints about leakage during shipping, and they were in the process of getting new bottles with the heat seals on them. Guess what, my very next order contained the new bottles with the neat little heat seals on them.

I agree with the others that you should contact Doneen or Rich. When I had problems before their customer service reps are the worst but when it got to Rich, he took care of it right away. he gave me the service that I should have gotten right away from the rep but she was really rude. I think if more of them acted like Rich and Doneen their service would be great

I've never ordered from BCS but I order from BCN all the time. Each time I've received liquid oils, they usually either have tape around the top or they are enclosed in a plastic ziplock. So even if they spilled or leaked, it would be contained somewhat. I agree with others, contact Doneen.

Really? I order from them a lot and never had my bottles taped or in a ziplock bag, never. They always arrive with the screwed on top or wrapped in a plastic grocery store type bag. Maybe it's because I'm in Wisconsin it only takes about a day to get to me that they don't bother with the tape and ziplocks?

Really? I order from them a lot and never had my bottles taped or in a ziplock bag, never. They always arrive with the screwed on top or wrapped in a plastic grocery store type bag. Maybe it's because I'm in Wisconsin it only takes about a day to get to me that they don't bother with the tape and ziplocks?

Hi Kelly, I live in Wisconsin too. Hmmm, maybe it depends on who's packing the order?? I don't know. But mine have always come with either tape over the top (gallon size bottles) or in ziplock bags (pound size bottles).

Thanks to everyone that responded. I sent an email a few hours ago and I am waiting for a response. I don't know Doneens personal email. If anyone does would you mind PMing it to me. I just sent the email to General and Damaged on the web site list of emails.

Hi Kelly,

Doneen is actually a memeber of this board...this is the email address I found in her profile:

doneen@candlesupply.com

HTH.

Hi Kelly, I live in Wisconsin too. Hmmm, maybe it depends on who's packing the order?? I don't know. But mine have always come with either tape over the top (gallon size bottles) or in ziplock bags (pound size bottles).

Lord I've ordered pounds and didn't get the ziplock bags lol ... you must be a special customer.