Help me take the final step!

cybersix

How would you present your fragrance list?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How would you present your fragrance list?

• Categories (fruits, bakery...)
    • Alphabetical list

I'm about to change my fragrance listing from "categories" to an alphabetical list.. but something keeps me from making the change! So, I would like to do the first poll of my life, how do you and your customers (if you know) prefer reading scents offered?

Split into categories?

Alphatebical list?

Thanks!

In English.

OK that wasn't a choice. What I don't like about groupings is some can fall into two categories, so it takes less space just to alphabetize.

yeah that's the major problem I'm having, with some scents I have hard time choosing a category, even if I like my category page!

Don't you want me to translate into italian?? If it makes you sad I'll keep english names! lol

Still being a newbie to what FO's are out there, I find it so much easier to go into categories, especially when Christmas draws near.

It's easy to click Christmas and up they all come.

I hate having an alphabetical list to trawl through

I prefer catagories. I know some scents are hard to classify, or fit more than one. But I know when I am shopping online for FO, like Wick'n'Wax said, I hate having to read each name trying to find what I want. Could you add catagories to fit the ones that are in between? I have a 'Classics' and 'Exotics' catagory and that actually covers quite a bit. And if it fits two catagories then you will be 50% right where ever you put it!

I prefer catagories. I know some scents are hard to classify, or fit more than one. But I know when I am shopping online for FO, like Wick'n'Wax said, I hate having to read each name trying to find what I want. Could you add catagories to fit the ones that are in between? I have a 'Classics' and 'Exotics' catagory and that actually covers quite a bit. And if it fits two catagories then you will be 50% right where ever you put it!

I still prefer categories, but when I get mad trying to figure where I should put a scent I thing that an alphabetical list would be quicker!

I should add some smart category and maybe go on like this..

I like alphabetical because as a shopper/consumer I like things that are easy to find, for me, that would be alphabetical. I don't like to dilly dally looking for things I want to find them, buy them and go. :)

yeah that's the major problem I'm having, with some scents I have hard time choosing a category, even if I like my category page!

Don't you want me to translate into italian?? If it makes you sad I'll keep english names! lol

Oh Lord no! You keep Italian!! If I could speak it, I might sneak it into my line ;)

Well, you can look at it from two different perspectives:

As a chandler, when I go to a suppliers site, I prefer to browse by category, because if I'm adding scents I generally have at least a ball park idea of what I'm considering, so category breakdown make it easy to target a specific group instead of browsing through several hundred alphabetical descriptions.

As a customer going to a retail site, I prefer alphabetical. The number of scent choices is usually much, much smaller than a suppliers and if a name catches my eye, I'll continue on to read the description. I don't care to browse by category in this case 'cause I'm rarely after something specific. And as mentioned, it's sometimes subjective as to which class you might think a scent goes in compared to someone else. JMO.

I prefer alphabetically! If you go to sites that have oils listed in categories I hate having to wade through every category to find something. You are put at the discretion of the person filing these oils under whatever categories they decide but what if I'm looking for something and figure it would be under a certain category and I look and its not there so I move on, but in reality it is on the site, just under a different category..see what I mean. Aphabetically for me!

Beth and so-soy, I think you got the real point!

maybe customers wnat to have a quick look, as if they were in a shop.. when I'm shopping I don't like wasting much time.. As a candlemaker I prefer categories because I know what scent I'd should add or try...

Thanks!

I do categories & then alphabetize within the categories. If I'm stuck on a fragrance that can fit into more than one category: I put it in more than one category! For Example:

Strawberry White Cake: goes into the Berry section as well as the bakery.

Vanilla Coconut Frosting: goes into the Bakery section, the Vanilla's section as well as the Coconut(yes, I have a coconut section....small, but there!).

Chocolate Fudge Brownie: goes in Bakery section as well as Chocolate.

Cantaloupe & Lily: goes under Fruit section as well as Florals.

etc...

Yes, it's a ROYAL PAIN to go it this way, but I find if I'm going to go through the trouble of making a list, I might as well make it great!

Alphabetical for me, too! I get so frustrated looking at one supplier's list that I usually just order what I know I want by typing the name into the shopping cart and don't even look over the entire list. Then inevitably as soon as I've placed an order, someone mentions a fantastic new fragrance that I wish I had tried!

My 2 cents worth! And now the tie is broken by one vote.

Jane

I prefer alphabetically! If you go to sites that have oils listed in categories I hate having to wade through every category to find something. You are put at the discretion of the person filing these oils under whatever categories they decide but what if I'm looking for something and figure it would be under a certain category and I look and its not there so I move on, but in reality it is on the site, just under a different category..see what I mean. Aphabetically for me!

Same here. I want them all right there in order not split up into categories. Makes me nuts when I'm trying to shop.