Cleansing Oil/Serum - Product/Label Pics

RobinInOR

I'm still working on the exact formulations of these, but I like designing packaging :) They'll be packaged together in a box, and also separately.

First is the deep cleansing oil - it will be something like castor oil, rice bran oil, meadowfoam oil. It has a glass dropper.

Then the face serum - it will be something like squalane, FCO, jojoba, meadowfoam, cranberry seed oil. It's a european dropper bottle.

All are lightly scented with bulgarian lavender essential oil.

Post #13 has pic of the box and full label)

WGCleansingDuo.jpg

I think it looks lovely~ goes with your whole theme very well.

May I offer a few suggestions... :wink2:

First, I would capitalize the first letter in the words Facial and Deep, or make them a tad bit larger than the rest of the text.

Secondly~ I think if you were selling them as a treatment kit I would put on the label somewhere in smaller print~ Step 1 and Step 2.

You'd be surprised how many consumers purchase these types of products without actually reading the literature that comes with it. You don't want someone to use these products in reverse order if packaged as a set.

I have a question... what is the difference between a glass dropper and a european dropper? I am assuming that one gives less product per application but I could be (and probably am) wrong.

Good ideas mystical, thanks! I'm trying out the small case first letter just to be different (and because the small F is prettier than the capital F), but I can try it a bit larger - I think those letters are already at 36 points. I always have to do labels and stare at them awhile. The kerning between the C and "leansing" I've already tightened up, it doesn't look right here. I like the idea of the "steps" too, hmm..... That's also a great marketing hook - if they buy or get step 1 as a gift, they'll have to come see what else they're missing :)

The left side of the label has ingredients and instructions. The right side of the label has my logo/company name and the marketing wow description.

And yes, the european dropper bottle is kind of neat. I didn't really know what they were either until I bought some. They have a plastic insert that sits in the bottle - the orifice reducer - and it has about a 1/2" dropper in it. After you unscrew the cap (it splits at the base so you can see if it's been opened before), the plastic reducer stays on the bottle, and only allows single drops to come out. Sometimes it's kind of slow and a pain, I'm still working on the consistency of the serum.

Here's a pic of the package

WGCleansingSystem.jpg

and here's a pic of the full labels

WGLabelSerum.jpg

Nice job Robin! They look really professional and I like Mystical's suggestions too. You always do a great job on all your packaging and labels. I'm not that great. I don't even like to think about that part of the product. Hubby helps me when he can. He's good at it.

That would be a great idea! I've toyed with the idea of 2 versions, one for dry, one for oilier/problem skins. So far this tends more toward the normal/dry, cuz that's me. But that's a good idea Bunny, I probably *would* use tea tree in a problem skin version.

Dragontears - the deep cleansing oil is just that - you use it to cleanse all the gunk that gets stuck in your pores - dead skin and dirt can get compacted down in there when it's mixed with your face oils, and the castor oil helps to dissolve all that, better than a water cleanser or soap. The hot washcloth you use to get it all off feels really good too, especially now that the nights are getting so cool.