Mottled Pillars - Burn Test Photo Added

Scented black currant & bulgarian rose.

bcbr_mottle_wide-vi.jpg

bcbr_mottle_close-vi.jpg

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. Thought this might be of interest...

Here is a fifth burn getting under way. I'm very pleased with the way these pillars self-consume in 4 hours burns. No bulge, no sweat. 3 hour burns (not shown here) test well too.

bcbr_mottle_burn-vi.jpg

Regarding the questions about the wax, I have trouble finding one on the market that I entirely like for mottles so this is a proprietary blend I came up with.

The problem with popular paraffins like 1343 and 1274 is that they can make great pillars if you're good at using additives, but for mottles you're a little more constrained so I don't like them much for those. You can do it, but these burn better, look better and hold more scent without sweating.

Hi dear...is that essential oil that you bought? I'm just using an FO.

Well yes it is dahling. lol It is EO..

My SIL works with 2 Bulgarian woman and they have it sent to them from home. Well it still ain't cheap through them, but it is the good stuff.

So ya gonna tell me where to get the Fo then? Pleeeez?

This bottle of EO will stay on my desk and never be used. hehe

I like them because you can see "into" the pillar, lots of depth and the mottle looks like something is alive and growing inside the wax. Like it has baby's breath inside it. Yep, thats it babys breath, been thinking about it since last night and couldn't remember what it reminded me of until now.

Nice.

Bruce

Well Top.....I see your experiments have worked. You got some beautiful candles going on. I love the color and also the photography. Too bad you are keeping your wax a secret. LOL.....Like your picture too....was watching Law and Order the other day and they were filming on Murray Hill. Donita