Vanilla Help

I went to the doctor last week and we got into a discussion about candles. ( why not huh?, maybe a potential client? ) I told him that I would make him one and asked what his favorite scent was.....surprise, VANILLA! I have so many FOs, it is ridiculous, but no plain Vanilla! ( Southern Vanilla, Vanilla Lace, Vanilla Extract, Warm Vanilla Sugar and that is just the beginning of the FOs that have Vanilla in them )

I want this candle to be really great with a strong good quality vanilla. I have heard that JS Ultimate Vanilla is a winner and it looks like I am going to have to order one, so what does everyone think? Is this the best for a PLAIN VANILLA?

What a boring doctor huh? Maybe I will toss in a nice Vanilla Sandalwood to try and expand his preferences just a little!

TIA for any suggestions on Vanilla. ( I have never even had a Vanilla candle)

Michael ( am posting this everywhere! I need some guidance with this one LOL )

I think a LOT of men like vanilla-I know my hubby goes ape over vanilla, especially if I'm wearin' it. ;):D

I just poured and tested JS becky's ultimate vanilla, and I'm LOVIN' it, I've tried several vanillas, and this is by far my favorite. I'm pretty picky when it comes to vanillas, don't want other scents overpowering the vanilla kwim? ;)

Other than that, I can't help you, I don't think Peak's vanilla passion, smells like vanilla at all, and don't care for their french vanilla.

I have an exotic vanilla from the Scented Bean, and it's ok, haven't poured it yet, but it has more of a fruity vanilla smell to me.

I have tested many vanilla's and I found I like Vanilla Extract from BCS. It is very strong and to me smells like Vanilla Bean Ice Cream a little sweet but not over powering.

This scent is more a straight Vanilla Not Buttery or French.

The oil is a med. yellow color so you can't get a pure white candle just a soft off white.

Michael,

I also second, or third, or whatever it's up to; the Ultimate Vanilla from Daystar. It threw awesome for me, yummy to the last drop, that was at 9% in J223/50/50 blend-

Also: I saw your other post on Daystar. I agree that she does have what sound like some very interesting oils. I have e-mailed Stacy a few times, she is very nice, have you thought about asking her about her oils? I have poured her Ult. vanilla and her Creme de la Creme. It is totally different from another that I tried, and was strong, sweet (detected butterscotch!) and GOOD! Just got another sample from her, her Vanilla Bean Noel type. Better than the real thing OOB, IMO! Can't wait to pour it. I wouldn't hesitate to give these oils a chance!

HTH!

Thanks! I am trying SO HARD to refrain and use some of the many many bottles I have ( and than this Vanilla request came up:rolleyes2 )...and I started "looking".......I love the interesting "woods" blends and she had several!

I have ZERO interest in all the Berries and Bakerys ( well, I did fall for the WYW Biscotti, and there was a Creme Brulle I liked ) and Florals ( unless they are mixed with the woods ), so most of the time I can just zip right through the scent lists, but I have to say that hers slowed me down! LOL

• 1 year later...

Want a strong Vanilla ? Mexican Vanilla from JBN will win him over, as well as everyone else ! I use it straight and to mix with , i even made New Car Smell with Leather and Mex Vanilla (instead of plain van) and it turned out awesome ! goodluck

For a Vanilla scent I would recommend Just Scent also, Becky is the Queen of Vanilla fragrances. It is her absolute favorite scent out there so you know what vanilla scents she has are going to be the best. She even has a Sampler pack of all her Vanilla scents (and she has alot of them). You could order a sampler and decide which scent you like best.

Michael~ I, too recommend Becky's Ultimate Vanilla and the Customer Service is excellent!! You can call her anytime and she will be more than willing to help in anyway she can! She is only 75 miles from my home, and I only wish she had a storefront, because I would love to drive over and sniff all of her oils, not that I haven't tried alot of them already, she includes 3 free 1oz samples (your choice) with every order.

Sue Ann

Okay...just an idea and feel free to spank me for even suggesting this. :) BUUUUUUT, if it were me, and I had a doctor...in an office...with other people around...as in lots of potential customers, I would take a sample basket with small candles of every dang vanilla I make. A note saying, "I just could not decide for you, so enjoy these samples and let me know which one you like." Of course you would include a handful of business cards and a hand full of brochures so that when the people from the office next door walk in for something, see/smell the basket, and say "OOOOOOHHHHHHhhh my! That is heavenly!" then THEY can take a brochure back to THEIR office, where four more people will be told about it, they will walk over, smell, take brochures, etc., etc., etc. See how my mind thinks? :D Can't you see it now? A drug rep comes in to talk to him.

Drug rep: What IS that smell???

Doc: Oh, this candle basket...one of my patients brought it.

Drug rep: That is amazing!

Doc: Here...have a card.

(and now the drug rep has your card...and that drug rep will tell someone, and so on and so on and so on...lol)

You would have to make sure to drop this basket off at the front desk, loudly, explaining that you just have to many good scents to decide for the good doc. "Gosh, maybe you ladies (or gents?) can help him decide."

Don't forget to throw in somehow, "Oh gee...did I tell you I do corporate gift candles?":D

But again, that is just me. :) I have done it before and the little bit-o-money I put into the basket yielded a lot in sales, repeat sales and yes, even a corporate gift account.

Hmmmm...gee, well, I guess I should pay more attention to dates, huh? I see something up top, I read and answer. It is usually done amidst kids running around, asking where their clean uniforms are and what I am packing for lunch, so color me distracted. So Michael, my dear, if this does not help you, I hope it helps someone else. By the way, I meant to say I know you are not overly fond of JBN, but if you are interested in some great vanillas from them, PM me. Actually, just answer the PM I sent you earlier this morning. :D

I have been testing vanilla's for years. I think BCS has the best. It is strong and smells most like true vanilla. NGs vanilla extract smells nothing like vanilla. Most vanilla beans are really light. I was glad to find this oil. I don't buy much from them, but this one is a keeper. Also Starrville, now Bauer's Candle has a Mexican Vanilla that is good. Other then that, I have never found a strong vanilla anywhere.