Sunday's Soaps :)

prairieannie

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone. To answer the questions..it is M&P soap, I added a LOT of stuff to it...This batch has Cocoa and Mango Butter, Extra oils, and was actually "rebatched" if you can do that with M&P, I was able to save a lot of it from an accident with the soap faeries (see Robin's soap faerie thread :D) So it had to be remelted, and still it turned out pretty, I was thrilled LOL. I had never used those guest soap molds before, but I didn't dare try use one of my homemade contraptions after "the incident" LOL, so I molded it like that..I really like the bar molds, they make a really big bar..about 6oz. I found the suggestion for the relaxation blend, and took it to my mom's "witch doctor" (she thinks it's funny when I call her that) and had her mix it up for me..she has every EO known to man, and has been a wonderful source of botanical information for me..I'm starting to get brave and venture into these things with my soaps..both MP and CP. We had to guess on the measurements, but she has a great sense of these things, and what she came up with was beyond awesome! It does smell so wonderful, relaxation extraordinaire!

Those are cute :)

Did you find any problems with adding oils to the M&P base? I had read somewhere that you're not supposed to do that. Something about messing up the percentages or it not binding right or something. I have wanted to try adding oils but didn't want to end up with an unusable mess. Maybe I'll try it after all :D

Those are cute :)

Did you find any problems with adding oils to the M&P base? I had read somewhere that you're not supposed to do that. Something about messing up the percentages or it not binding right or something. I have wanted to try adding oils but didn't want to end up with an unusable mess. Maybe I'll try it after all :D

No problems..I probably wouldn't bother making M&P soap if I couldn't add stuff to it, because it doesn't lather very well without it LOL. You probably don't want to add tons of oils in huge quantities..but I am not terribly skimpy with them either. I try to balance liquids and butters..and I always put Vitamin E in just in case it really does preserve LMAO! Plus the skin effects of Vitamin E can't be beat. If you're worried about messing up the balance for preservatives..you could always add that too I guess, but I haven't yet. I like to add goat milk, cream, and coconut milk sometimes too :cheesy2:

WSP says that about there M&P bases, then turns around under stearic acid and says it can be put in M&P to make it harder. What can be put in M&P to make better lather? (if you don't mind sharing your secret). I wonder if it depends on the base as to whether or not you can do additives??:undecided

Anywho I LUV the color of these soaps, I know I'm way off here but the color makes me HUNGRY for Key Lime Pie :laugh2:I know-I know time to sign off :wave:BYE!!