how do you stir?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not a good idea to use an electric mixer, it would incorporate too much air into your wax and you would have endless bubbles. Now if you wanted whipped wax you might could try it...dont know how well it would work though, I think it would cool the wax quickly and stick to the beaters.

Sounds stupid but I get the white two piece wick setters that you push the wick in place then pull out the wick setting part and it leaves the centering tool. Well I use the stem part of the wick setter because they wash off and they are long enough. They look like giant white swizzle sticks. They don't work well in 415 soy so I had to find a use for them. lol

what do you use to stir in the dye and FO? does any one use a electric mixer?

If you have a need to mix up a large batch of wax with dye and FO you can use a stick blender. Just tip it to make sure there isn't air in the bell before you turn it on. For a regular pouring pot it isn't at all necessary unless maybe you're having trouble with dye sediment. Just be careful and make sure there's enough liquid in there so the blender doesn't spew it out.

Silicone spatula here....withstands the heat and wipes right off with a paper towel. I think wood absorbs dye and fragrances, probably not enough to make a difference, but the spatula is so easy to clean and I KNOW it doesn't absorb anything:)

You can get the high heat ones even at the dollar store now....

Jumbo craft sticks (popcicle sticks) from Wal Mart-300 for just over $3.00

Melissa

We use the same...silly me, I wrote the FO name on each with permanent marker as I used them....but we have so many FO's now, it takes me a couple minutes to find the right one! Might be time to just dispose of after use....lol

We use the same...silly me, I wrote the FO name on each with permanent marker as I used them....but we have so many FO's now, it takes me a couple minutes to find the right one! Might be time to just dispose of after use....lol

Couldn't you just wipe them off and re-use them for different fo's?

That's what I do with my spoon. After I've stirred my wax I just wipe with a paper towel. No residue, color or scent is left on it. :)