Newbie to Palm Pillars

Hi all! I just want to say that this board has given me the courage to make plam wax pillars. I've tried all other types with no luck and ran out of patience to boot!:waiting:

Please let me know what you think of my first 2 3-wick palm wax pillars. Pls. note that the diff. in size is because I only purchased a small amt. of wax to test.

One on left is Secret Crush, one on right is White Tea & Ginger.

Thanks so much!:smiley2:

post-5219-139458423857_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for your nice words! I got these two 3 wick molds awhile back on ebay and they have the indentations at the wick spot. Pretty cool! I tell you what, these pillars are much easier to make than I thought. Just love the feathering effect!! I have an order for 15 sets of ivory pillars (9", 6" and 3") for a wedding in December, just thought I'd get nerve up ya know?

Thanks again!

Hi, thanks!

Yes, I poured 3-3 wicks as testers using different FO's. The wicks I used are zinc core 60's. I poured the first one in Gourmet Creme Brulee (not pictured) with 1 60, and 2-51's (all zinc core) and the 51's did OK, I think the 60's will work much better. The one's in the pic. will be tested tomorrow in my shop while I'm pouring some tall pillars for testing. Oh, the pictured candles all have 60's.

I just love this wax!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Grama! The 3-wick molds I have, have an indention at the wick hole area. After they've set up, I use my 6" wick pin and poke a hole straight down and insert wick. Really easy! Give it a try!

I'm testing burning the pillars (3" 4", 6" and 9") right now using a variety of wicks. Come to the conclusion that the RRD55 is working the best and for the 9" pillars a 45 ply flat braid wicking is doing great!

HTH

Thanks!

• 1 month later...