edible candle

You already are eating "soy wax". It's flaked vegetable shortening, made mainly for the food industry.

http://www.gfgb.com/products/flaked_products.htm

A few of the blended soy waxes might have an ingredient you wouldn't want to eat, but I reckon the majority are edible. As you can see from the page above, many of the popular all-soy products are food first and "candle wax" second. Basically Crisco.

So if it is edible, do they use Flavor oil instead of FO? Can't imagine someone making that claim, are they crazy???????

They say it's edible before the addition of FO and/or dye. Like Top said, it's the same as Crisco -- not good to eat since they're trans fats. :grin2:

Boogers are edible too but that doesn't mean should eat them or would want to (unless you are 3).

To even say its edible is just inviting someone to eat it and get sick and then sue you. Stupid marketing ploy if you ask me.

OMG...You are too funny!

Boogers are edible too but that doesn't mean should eat them or would want to (unless you are 3).

To even say its edible is just inviting someone to eat it and get sick and then sue you. Stupid marketing ploy if you ask me.

That is just too funny! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

they are very scented and the company puts a extra wick in the metal can so you can dip and eat it or eat it when you pour on someone. To me i have to be very careful and test all my candle i make. I would not make anything you can pour or eat yourself. I think its crazy. Some one say lawsuit? Hope they have real good insurance.

they are very scented and the company puts a extra wick in the metal can so you can dip and eat it or eat it when you pour on someone. To me i have to be very careful and test all my candle i make. I would not make anything you can pour or eat yourself. I think its crazy. Some one say lawsuit? Hope they have real good insurance.

Lawsuit waiting to happen because you know some idiot is going to do it. Why on earth would they state safe to eat before adding FO. The candles that have the extra wick for dipping and eating, does that candle have Fragrance oil or Flavor oil? Does Flavor oil even throw from a burning candle? I never tried flavor oils in a candle. I agree. They shouldn't even mention it. They're now marketing with a mindset that "sex sells". Light the candle, pour it on your partner then eat it or lick it off. That's what I think when I see or read about a candle like that. Also, if it's the same as eating Crisco, I wouldn't venture too far from a bathroom..lol

What I hate is those soy candlemakers that say their candles are 100% all natural. I see them everywhere. Are the stupid? I agree, someone will try to eat it, or taste it just to see.

I go through that when I do craft fairs. Are these soy? Can I rub it on my skin? I now take B&B with me along with my candles and reply, no you can't rub it on you but I have some wonderful lotion that you can use and you won't risk burning yourself.

Alot of new soy candles has cotton seed in it and its being marketed as lotion candles. Since there putting in on there skin now there trying to eat it also. Even the new edible candle has lots of fragrance oil in them that say they should only burn for 10-30 minutes and no more. I dont know what there putting in for the fragrance it didnt say on the container but it was very scented. I just hope there not using fragrance oil and trying to eat it. lol people will be sick.

What are people thinking when they are told they can eat a soy candle.... Are these vendors spreading the wax on crackers and giving it to the customers to try like jelly. I guess I should put on my salt and sugar scrubs that you can eat it while you scrub your dead skin cells. Crazy I tell ya....

Are these vendors spreading the wax on crackers and giving it to the customers to try like jelly.

Well they could. You can fry chicken or bake cookies with something like GB 415 -- that's what it's made for. I assume stuff like EZ-Soy is the same thing. The trick is the fragrance oil. There are some edible fragrance oils but I reckon not many. You'd have to know what you're doing. At least one of the fragrance oils I use is edible but I've never tasted it.

The thing about eating the soy wax is you might as well be eating margarine. Not very good for you and has lots of trans-fats. That's why restaurants in some places aren't allowed to use it anymore.

When I was young, every Christmas my mom and I would make bonbons. To make the chocolate dip, we would melt chocolate and wax (the kind they used to sell to put on top of jelly for canning). It made the chocolate harder so it wouldn't melt in your hand as easily and made it easier to dip with.

Don't do it anymore, but just wanted to add that as an example where we eat wax.

nantes

I used to eat wax as a kid ... those wax soda bottles with the liquid inside, wax lips, wax moustaches, wax buck teeth. Don't know if I would want to do it now as an adult but I guess it wouldn't kill you. That is, unless you ingest some additive in the wax that isn't meant for human consumption!