FALL Votive Swap Reminder

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the duck.

Well isn't that the purpose of the swap?

I have never been in a swap that no one burned candles or gave reviews.

Even if its only a few candles.

Hmm.. yup, that is the purpose. Maybe I should have stated it more clearly. :rolleyes2

I wonder if the majority of the swappers will give reviews of the majority of votives they get?

Hmm.. yup, that is the purpose. Maybe I should have stated it more clearly. :rolleyes2

I wonder if the majority of the swappers will give reviews of the majority of votives they get?

The last votive swap I ran had over 40 participants.

Almost every person gave reviews on at least 75% of the candles they received. I believe in the last swap Moochelle did a review page. Which was very helpful, but I think it was a whole lot of work for her.

The last votive swap I ran had over 40 participants.

Almost every person gave reviews on at least 75% of the candles they received. I believe in the last swap Moochelle did a review page. Which was very helpful, but I think it was a whole lot of work for her.

Yes, I was in the last swap, which is why I asked this question. I will admit, I still have a half dozen I haven't burned yet. They're getting done, slowly but surely (though I'm afraid I'll have Happy Hands votive for a while since I still haven't found a square holder). I applaud Moo for all the hard work she's done for the swap, it's fantastic! She has posted every review I sent here and still is even at this late date. As much as I like trying new scents and waxes, etc... I joined mostly for the feedback. I would like to know what needs improvement. I didn't look through all, just glanced at a couple other peoples reviews randomly. Seems to be 5 to 9 reviews average. Out of the 23 votives sent, there are only 5 comments on mine. I appreciate those very much, but I am disappointed in how few there are.

Hmmm. I suppose it would matter who is in the group.

The swaps used to consist of the veterans. They were alot of fun and it was cool to see/smell/burn other chandlers creations. Now there are a whole new bunch participating. I would think that any "newer" chandler would be anxious to test burn other peoples work. And I don't mean this negatively. When something is usually new and exciting, you just want to dive right in. In the context of "newer" I am referring to either new in making votives, newer members or newer swappers.

I have about 130 votives and probably 40 B&B items from swaps myself laying around here. Because I just don't have the time anymore to give reviews and use all these products, I have been laying low on the swapping. I don't feel you should join a swap unless you are actually going to use the product and give reviews. People deserve feedback on their work. This way we can learn from each other and get other opinions.

This is my 2nd votive swap. As a votive newbie, I really appreciated the feedback I received. I will confess that I still have 1/2 doz from the 1st swap to burn. Got behind while testing my own products for the fall but I will get to them and if Moochelle is still posting the reviews I'll submit one.

Wow... so many waiting until the last minute :shocked2:

IF you must have a reason for ME being the "last minute" I work a full time job. And have been working ALOT of overtime in the last few months. We've had a person off with a broken wrist for 2 months, people on vacation, a boss that isn't worth the money they pay for him to be there, and I have had to take his call, and on top of that we have been extremely busy...Plus, I do have a candle business that I do keep going even with all the extra work. When I signed up for the swap, I didn't know all this was going to happen. BUT since I did sign up, I will fulfill my obligation (I could of easily not sent any at all) So sorry if that upsets you Duck.

Ummm... ok. No, I didn't ask for any explanations, nor was the comment directed to anyone specific. I'm sorry that it upset you. Personally, it doesn't make much difference to me when they arrive or get sent out. It's not like it's a paid order, it's just for enjoyment and learning. It was merely an observation that the swap ... aww crap... forget it

Wow... so many waiting until the last minute :shocked2:

Yup, so many. Happens everytime, every swap, no matter how much notice we receive. And this time I'm one of them. No excuses, just flat out busy.

Ashlie, my box went out yesterday with a surprise for you for me being late. :D

Aaaah Noogies, Bet Ashlie didn't even notice that some of us were a bit late.

Poor girl is so busy with work.

She is probably exhausted when she gets home anyway.

Atleast I'm hoping she didn't notice that I was a bad girl and late. lol

uuuuuuwho Ashlie...Did ya get my package yet? Or are you sleeping?:P

Ducky, I understand what you were saying. Like you said these are orders - just to test different waxes and FOs. Just the difference between those of us new to candlemaking and those that have been doing it for years. I get excited about making votives for a swap because I value the feedback I get. But then I've only started making votives this year. But then I still get excited when a candle turns out the way I want it to. :yay: