Where do you keep supplies?

traceyy

I HAVE to organize my house. I have tarts in one corner, gallons of linen spray, lotion, soy whip, scales all over the place, bowls, oils, butters scattered in a corner. This is NOT working. Especially since I know the ups man that I love is bringing me more stuff for the next 2 days plus usps. I have an addicition, I admit it.

So how do you organize? I was thinking of making my laundry room into my storage room. Buying a huge set of shelves today from wally world, kind of like garage storage. But if there is an easier way, let me know! Curious to find out how everyone else does it!

it's here, there and everywhere...lol

I have gotten shelves in my basement to keep stocks of goodies

and in my kitchen closet is where my wax, and i got this material thingy

that is like where you store your shoes in, it hangs on your door and it has like 24 inserts and that's where I keep my oils that I use on daily basic for orders. I have a locked cabinet that keeps my oils in to.

and in my cupboards, it keeps all my molds for soap and wax.

yah it's here there and everywhere. I keep all my bath and body containers in bins, stacking 5 high. lol

it's my best organizations possible. I'd love to have a shop where I keep everything in one place and work.

Dani

I have supplies everywhere. I am trying right now to organize, I did actually get all my fragrance oils on shelves so I can see them w/out going through baskets and boxes. And, have my b&b supplies almost all together right now but my containers are everywhere right now.

I turned my Dining room into my main storage area. Have shelving on 2 walls that stores my finished products. I have several sets of stackable organizing drawers to house things like colors, additives, molds, bags. Under my pouring table has been a great storage space too.

My supplies are spread thru my house too...but the majority of them are in my dining room. I usually keep my wax, jars and B&B containers in my bedroom. My bedrrom is huge so one half of it is committed to storage. I have one small counter and cabinet in my kitchen devoted to B&B and then a huge banquet table for candle pouring with storage underneath that.

When you come into my house you cannot tell that I run a business...mainly becuase you are entering into the livingroom...but go into any of the other rooms in my house and it is painfully clear!:laugh2:

Well, my living room is filled with my business stuff, but I do have all my testing candles throughout the room. I dont have a kitchen anymore....hehehe My countertops are filled with candle and soap stuff. Havent started the soaps yet, but in one corner I have my turk n surf, and around it all my oils (for soap), scales, dyes, pouring pots, and all the other little things like stirring sticks etc... in the other corner I have all my baby bottles (new baby), and I have a scale over there as well. In my hutch in my kitchen are all my lip balm stuff, steric, wicks, frangrances, aroma beads, jars, and tins as well as my wick centering stuff, etc... My other counter has my glue pot, and candle stuff. On the floor are my boxes of tins and jars. My boxes of wax are in my workshop downstairs, and I have a box also in our covered porch area, as well as several cases of jelly jars.....

hmm.... I dont live in my house apparently......:laugh2:

Somedays it seems like the whole house. LOL

I have a room in the basement for all my wax stuff and FO's. I am lucky to have a frontroom that is not used so I have all my most of my finished products there. Also in the front room I have my soap supplies in a cabinet thingy. At work they get pre moistened cloth wipes in large oval pails. I scarf them up when they are empty for my soaping butters and other supplies. The rest are stored in and under the L shaped booth/bench in my kitchen.

Candles in all stages of testing are in most all rooms. LOL

I have soaps curing in two rooms usually also.

I have a workshop with lots of cabinet and shelves, but only the things that are sensitive to temperature get stored here. For things that can withstand heat and cold -- farmer's market tent, jar lids, etc. -- I've got a storage shed outside that my son built for me. Really helped relieve the clutter in my workshop!

OMG!! I was thinking about this same exact thing today while tripping over ANOTHER 5 gallon pail of butter. I honestly considered posting about it then thought no, the Candletech people are SO organized they have a place for everything - I'll look like a bafoon. I feel so much better...lol - well that is til I try to do anything in the kitchen, dining room, office, bedroom....

I've got supplies all over the place, sadly.

My workroom downstairs looks like a tornado hit it, several times.

There is no excuse, honestly. I live in a big house, with plenty of space.

More space.......... more clutter, that's my story and I am sticking to it. :D

I've bought a ton of storage supplies.

Totes, shelves, stacking drawers, etc. One of these days I am going to take a super long weekend and get this stuff organized. I think... LOL! I need my house back for mental sanity.

Supplies are lurking in my kitchen, laundry area, dining room, and enclosed side porch. It's driving me nuts. What I wouldn't give for some real space. :undecided

My dream would be to have a workshop/storage building that would contain everything... That would be bliss! :bliss:

My finished products are in the dining room with French Doors closed. No one goes in there because I have it all set up for Open Houses(When I take a notion). Won't have to dig it all out. Really organized and neat.

Have a basement and that is great. I had pretty much got things in order but still had some to do. About the way I want it but my husband wants me to keep all my boxes. That is getting kinda out of control and I keep some of my bubble wrap etc when I get a order. It will come in handy. I amazed at all I get with orders. No cost to me.

I have a huge bookcase with about everything. Oils, ribbon, and some jars that I have left over from Christmas. Few other things too. My regular jars are under one of the 4 tables I have in the basement.

One neat thing my husband did was put 2 horses(what you cut wood etc with) and laid plywood across the top and bottom. It made 2 very long shelves with purpose of a work area and storage. That has been a great. The bottom for storage area and top for a work area. I have my rose petals, sachet bags, lotion bottles, jar lids and teddy bears on bottom. I have a table with my lotions and soap molds etc on one table and it is neat and ready for me to do some lotion/soap soon for a show. Another table has my 2 melters and wax near so it is convenient/ready for candlemaking.

This is working but not 100% yet or the way I want it. Better since it had been awhile since I was in the basement (last year craft time). Getting warmer now and ready to start doing some work/organizing. Have samples to get ready and doing a craft show in May. I have alot made but always find more I want to take to the shows.

Don't know what I would do without my bookshelves,tables and shelving my husband made. On my list is a peg board I want.

Computer room has to be next with labels,envelopes,shipping envelopes etc. I have so many labels,2 computers,printer,roll top desk,file cabinet etc. Already pitched alot of papers then going through drawers.I'm getting there and hope within the next 2 weeks I have it done.

Oh brother! It's everywhere. I keep most of the stuff in a cabinet in the kitchen. I keep stuff that I don't use very often in the basement. The computer room is full. I did buy one of those rolling cart things a few years ago. It's pretty handy. It has three big wire baskets and a nice top. I can roll it into and out of the hall closet. I got it at Target for about $30.00 I think. I have an unfinished basement that I could use. It would take some work to get it in shape but for some unknown reason, I hate to be down there. :undecided BTW, I went to the library yesterday and got a bunch of books on being organized. They are spread all over the family room. Guess I'm branching out in there too.:laugh2:

It was everywhere, in temporary cabinets in the hall, in the kitchen, in the livingroom. There were boxes stacked up in the kitchen and big rubbermaid totes stacked up in the hall. I bought a new house and it has a separate shop. Now the only supplies in the house are ones I've brought in here to package or that were just delivered or dirty soap pots etc. My workshop is pretty organized, so far. I've only had my stuff unpacked for 3 months. The workshop is heated and is 16 x 20.

My supplies are semi-organized. I have shelves, rubbermaid totes and stackables throughout the shop but it never seems to be enough. Why is it that just when things start to seem nice and neat, you just have to add something new to the clutter that has to get thrown around until you add new space for it. Did I mention even with semi-status, my poor shop looks like an A-bomb went off in it. My finished products are set up in our extra bedroom.

My supplies are everywhere also. Driving my DH crazy. My oils are all in boxes around my kitchen table. About 5 boxes. He can't pull out a chair without hitting a box. I have my jars in the garage but can't put anything else in there because it is too hot. B&B supplies are in my closet. I need an extra bedroom just for my addiction! My supplies are pushing us out of the house and I have 3 small children. It's nuts!!!!!

I got stuff every where.. candle stuff is downstairs in the basement and organized. But got into making soap and started keeping things in the pantry.. no more food in there, just oils, cutters, molds and such. Need to haul it downstaris but really like to mix the lye in the sink. Got a sink in the basement so could move that stuff downstaris. Looking at having a shop downtown in the fall and having a nice workshop there.. so putting off really doing much more organizing until we get that going. DUring the show season my inventory stays in the trailer except my jar candle shelf. That comes into the living room so I can rearrange for every show and it is stocked the way I want it. Need to get DH to make a permanant shelp and just move the candles.. leave the shelf in the trailer. I also get locals call and come by for stuff. Kinda a pain to dig out of the trailer.. so really hoping we get this store opened.

Shoot, I guess I deleted them, but I had posted pics. a while back of MY supplies mess, I was going to repost them, since it basically still looks the same, except WORSE! LOL

We can't even eat at the kitchen table, it's completely covered with supplies, etc. I have bins stacked, a long dresser, a metal shoe rack, boxes, a plastic 5 drawer thing, etc. etc. etc. Plus I have boxes out in the garage!

I NEED HELP! I wish I could afford to hire one of those organizational people to come in and redo my whole house, but especially my supplies. LOL

Glad to see I am not the only one that isn't organized. Most of my stuff is in our mudroom (supposed to be my workshop, but there are 2 shelves full of cleaning supplies and other crap that I have nowhere else to put, plus my washer, dryer, hamper, a closet with coats and other crap in there). My bath and body bottles, lotions, and body wash are in boxes in our addition, which I will have to find somewhere to put them because we will be working in there soon. I need to paint our mudroom (it is dark paneling right now) and get a new light in there and hopefully get a new window put in soon. The old window had the vent for the dryer in it and we covered it up and got one of those vents with the water in a box and a vent on top of it. So, hopefully we can get a window to replace that one.

Sorry for rambling. I have been trying to get organized, but I need shelves as well.

Steph

Kinda all over the place.

In the basement:

3 large metal shelves - one for candle stuff, one with b&b ingredients and boxed soaps, one for equipment and miscellaneous tent stuff.

My tent and boxes of stuff I take to fairs in cardboard boxes.

10 35# pails of oils stacked against the wall next to the freezer.

4 shelf unit for curing soaps, with top shelf for lye storage.

Table with all the priority boxes and bubble wrap and popcorn.

4-5 cardboard boxes under the pool table with stuff I don't use but don't want to put away :)

Kitchen, next to the printer:

9 drawers of label/packaging paper/samples/printed labels

Upstairs, spare bedroom 1: ribbon, dried/silk flowers/tissue/mostly gift wrap type of stuff, the sewing machine and material for my tent.

Upstairs, spare bedroom 2: Soap dishes/ soap bags, some of my metal display units.

DH is about ready to divorce me.

Ya know I am soo happy I asked this! I no longer feel like I am a cluttered mess, EVERYONE IS!! rofl! It all started with a cute little wooden box thingy I got from Ikea that holds all my tarts, in back of that is a 50lb box a wax and a bin with my fo's. Than it turned into 4 gallons on the side-soy whip, glaze, body spray and an empty gallon for my lotion. Than got into soap making-box for tarts now has tarts and oils, kitchen has oils, laundry room has oils/butters, boxes upon boxes of mixed stuff, boxes of bottles in my bedroom with 4 tables of curing soap on racks I stole from our kitchen lol and crap all over. My computer desk which I just cleaned 5 days ago is full of envelopes and labels, a few crystal light cans that I plan on soaping with, fo's, dyes, bubble wrap etc I cant even see the desk anymore lol

Lets not even start on my kitchen that was spotless this morning. The counter is no longer visable and it will get worse, after I am done making bath melts, I am venturing into wickless candles-THAT will get messy rofl

I finally purchased shelving and cabinets to organize my soap and b&b supplies. I keep all that in a spare bedroom. I store my carrier oils and wax in the basement. I keep my jewelry and beaded flower supplies in another spare bedroom. It's so much easier now but sometimes the kitchen does get a little cluttered when I'm super busy:o but because everything has a place it's easy to clean up. I have a table in the soap/b&b room where I have set up my crock for LS and cp so i won't use the kitchen as much. I haven't had time to make anything lately and I am really going through serious withdrawals.:drool:

For now my supplies are fairly in place. Dining room is not being used to eat out of though ;) DH bought me a tall utility cabinet about 7 feet tall and we used one corner of the dining room fits perfect but is almost full. I keep all the soaping supplies in here and candle supplies as well. My basement is where all of the packaging and boxes go. I can see it getting out of control soon if I don't have a dedicated work area :undecided.

Our 4th bedroom is my soaping room. I got a big table set up in there with a portable electric stovetop that sits on the table. The closet is jammed packed with oils, ect. Good thing I really dont sell soaps. I wouldnt know where to get the room.. This room is also my office and my sons room for tieing flies for fly ishing. Yes, its very full.

The question should be "Where DON'T I keep supplies"!! :D There are some in my kitchen cabinets, some in my fridge, some in my computer room and some more taking over the breakfast bar in my kitchen. I envy you guys who have a separate workspace!! :drool: