something different :)

Wick that looks beautiful. Think your wicks need to be a little straighter but other than you did a great job. What type of wax did you use and I would also like to know the size of the sea shell? I wonder where I could find some.

Hiya, the shell was just under 6 inches wide, it was something we picked up from holiday years back.

I loved the blue, and I did a repour so it looked like waves, didn't come out too well on piccie though.

The wicks were hard, due to the shaping of the inside of the shell, I tried bending them into shape as the wax set (paraffin) but I didn't have much time as I had to get the shells in place quick :)

That's really cute....I think one wick would have been ok. It isn't a real candle anyway and I don't over wick shell candles or sand candles. Most people don't burn them....and if you do.....then just burn it so there is a hole large enough for a tea light and then you can keep using it. I brought home oyster shells from the restaurant Friday night...there were some large ones and thought that they would be a nice way to recycle and fill them with wax for summer entertaining on the deck...however....our deck looks over Lake Tahoe....not the beach.....but one can dream.....I love the ocean....not that there is anything wrong with lakes.........(smile) Donita Louise

Very nice!

For those who were asking, it's a scallop shell I think. You can get these on ebay quite cheaply, but the BEST ones are called Lion's Paw Scallop Shells - they have beautiful colours. I bought quite a few and use them as soap dishes.

I did a quick search and this company came up with these shells in the USA:

http://www.conchking.com/Z2-14.jpg

Nat

Click on Donita's link there, at the bottom of her post. They're...... what's the word??? Awesome!!!!!! Fantabulous!!!!!

Anjie,x.

Thanks for the nice compliment Anjie.....

And.....here is another great place to buy seashells.....I have been doing business with them for about 12 years....be sure to ask to talk to Linda....no one else....she is the best. Shell Horizon's....they are in Florida. Lots of shells....if anyone is interested check out their website and you will be amazed. I have bought millions of shells from them. Donita Louise