Is this something all you pros belong to?

broadzilla

I have never met anyone that belongs to this. The concept is not a bad idea, however fragrance is a very personal choice AND there are too many downsides to the way it is set up. IMHO I can't imagine paying $295. up front without having tried the oils I would be purchasing....having a complete list of the oils available...and on and on.

Seems to me there would be a LOT of blind faith required to sign up for this.

$295. annually + cost + 30%. umm..nawww

*lol* Thank you very much! I didn't know what to make of it. Me personally, I thought it was kind of spendy without a lot of information. But then again, I'm new to this so I also thought maybe because I was so new, I just wasn't "getting it."

When I think too much, it begins to hurt.:tongue2:

I do wonder though, for larger buyers, basically excluding fees and the 295 is only the first year, it's 100 a year after, if a 10 pound order of FO is only around 100 bucks (I gather that since they compare the two in the thingy) while from what I've documented, on average is running about 14.

You'd have to order at LEAST 50 lbs to make up for the annual fee alone for the first year. THEN you'd have to probably, on 50lbs, run another... maybe 50 bucks for shipping, which to benefit from it overall would have to order AT LEAST 60lbs, of FO, which you then have to mix yourself, so there's no telling how much you might actually need.

If you like light scented candles, you might have to double your wax or something just to get the right scent on the forced mixing, or run the fun of premixing them, then bottling that back up.

I don't honestly know much about FO's in general, but the math side, if you don't really try out too many FO's and you do a huge lot of candles, it might be okay, but I'd think it'd cost more than the trouble it's worth alone spending so much time mixing.

This sounds more like a good deal for the ppl who set this co-op up. Not so much for the members.
LOL, my thoughts exactly. The fees are pretty steep, and the site is very vague with no links to go to except one. I think they should give examples of the oils and pricing (at least something), if they expect people to fork over 300 bucks! Yikes.

I'll bet there is nothing you could learn from them that isn't here for free. I don't like that they aren't telling you up front exactly what you are getting. You can buy a whole lot of FO for that money plus choose the ones you want. Just my opinion.

I just did some calculations on this. Say if over a year you purchase 100 pounds of oils and based what they stated you would be charged 30% higher than the wholesale cost to reflect her staff costs and expenses and you end paying (with membership fee) 13.35 per pound plus shipping for the first year then 11.40 in the second year. It would be higher the lesser pounds you buy. On top of this you have the added work of blending the scents yourself.

For 100 pounds of oils

Manufacturer's cost $8 pp

Membership fee $295

30% buying cost

100 x 8 = $800

800 x 30%= 240 + 800=$1040

1040 + 295=$1335

1335 / 100 = $13.35 pp

For 50 pounds in the first year it's $16.30 pp! Then it's $12.40 in the second year.

I understand they have to make money in this but the 30% add on is way too much and it's just not worth it for us on a smaller business base.

I'll definitely pass;)

Shannon