Rustic Waves and Ball, Hearts and Diamonds Embeds and a Pooky Pillar

Jojo T.

Hi, Here's what I've been up to this last week.

1. Rustic Waves - I've done six of these which are for my niece's spa - fragranced with Lavender Essential Oil. They were a lot of fun to do.

2. Pooky Candle - this one is just a simple pillar on which my daughter Kimberley painted one of my cat's names. I love the style of writing she uses and occasionally she does the writing for special orders of Christening Candles for me. FO Baby Powder.

3. Rustic Purple Ball - made with my scraps.

4. Heart Embeds - Another special order for someone to give to their friend, FO French C5.

5. Diamond Embeds - Just for fun - FO Girls Night Out.

Thanks for looking.

post-1250-139458421933_thumb.jpg

post-1250-139458421943_thumb.jpg

post-1250-139458421947_thumb.jpg

post-1250-139458421953_thumb.jpg

post-1250-139458421958_thumb.jpg

These are ALL great, Jo! Do tell how you get the waves so perfect and how you get the embeds to not be partially or totally covered/melted by the main wax.
Hi, The waves are far from perfect, which is OK 'cause that's how I like them - I've learnt to do them very slowly and carefully and with rustics the mistakes become part of the overall effect. It's also easier in the polycarbonate molds as I can see what I'm doing as I go along. The embeds - I place them where I want with white chunks and then any overflow is removed when I take them out of the mold with my finger nail and/or a sharp blade and my heat gun softens the finish around the cuts. Cheers

You have turned into a fantastic wax artist right in front of my eyes. You are incredible. I love these candles.......It scares me if you had 25 hours a day a lots of money to experiment......you go girl. I love what you do. Donita Louise

They all look great. I really love the waves. Didn't know you could do rustics in a polycarbonate mold. That's what I love about this board. I learn something new everyday. Kimberly has beautiful penmanship. Love the name pooky for your kitty.

blimey, they are amazing, well done.

I love the wave ones. How on earth to you do waves? I only just figured out the one where you tilt it and didn't get that anywhere near right!

Is there a tutorial for waves anywhere, pretty please. Haven't done anything all day, got withdrawal

blimey' date=' they are amazing, well done.

I love the wave ones. How on earth to you do waves? I only just figured out the one where you tilt it and didn't get that anywhere near right!

Is there a tutorial for waves anywhere, pretty please. Haven't done anything all day, got withdrawal[/quote']Hi Wick'n'Wax, They're not hard to do. When your layer is just setting but still warm, get a spoon or something similar and push down very slowly on the side of your layer until you get it how you want it. All it takes is a little practice, a steady hand, and the right tool. Have fun. Jo