Just wanted introduce myself and let everyone know how much I have enjoyed looking through all the posts the past several weeks. You all are very talented and I've learned so much from the posts. Ive been making candles for about 7 yrs and have tried just about everything...at least so I thought, found many ideas and new things to try while observing here. I have no idea how I over looked this forum, but it is by far the best one I have found....just a wealth of information and hope to contribute when I can.

My name is Connie (Konie) as a nick and Im from Ohio. Now lets see if I can post a few pictures :)

post-1349-139458380755_thumb.jpg

I've got the perfect solution to the 'sitting on the boards while I need to make candles' problem. I call it the Candletech Cha-Cha...

Start up the computer, run and put wax in the Presto

Run back to computer, get on message boards

Post a few replies, pics, posts, run and check the wax

Run back to computer, check on replies, pics, posts

Run back to wax, add dyes, FO's, additives, set your molds up, pour!

Run back to computer and the time flies by while you're waiting on your candles to set up!

It works better if you have cats or dogs, sometimes while I'm in between the sprinting, I have to change it to the Tango because I'm tripping over my felines! It worked beautifully when I was living in my apartment, now that I'm in a house where my workspace is downstairs, it should get interesting. I see a new weight loss program coming on.

hahahaha that made me tired just reading that....love the reply tho :) Thanks :)

I've got the perfect solution to the 'sitting on the boards while I need to make candles' problem. I call it the Candletech Cha-Cha...

Start up the computer, run and put wax in the Presto

Run back to computer, get on message boards

Post a few replies, pics, posts, run and check the wax

Run back to computer, check on replies, pics, posts

Run back to wax, add dyes, FO's, additives, set your molds up, pour!

Run back to computer and the time flies by while you're waiting on your candles to set up!

It works better if you have cats or dogs, sometimes while I'm in between the sprinting, I have to change it to the Tango because I'm tripping over my felines! It worked beautifully when I was living in my apartment, now that I'm in a house where my workspace is downstairs, it should get interesting. I see a new weight loss program coming on.

And Candlekitty is on to something. I have to go up and down stairs all day....from the studio, down through the basement, then up the stairs into the house......I haven't counted how many stairs I do each day, but I am in better shape than anyone I know (except my daughter who has two little children and works at a ladies gym)......Candlemaking is very physical and I am always lifting wax pots and boxes etc......I am 60 and do 40 pushups a day too. A weakling would have a hard time making a lot of candles...definately not for wimps. LOL........ Donita

and ps.....I have to step over or around EIGHT dogs too since my daughter and her two little kids moved in.

And Candlekitty is on to something. I am 60 and do 40 pushups a day too. A weakling would have a hard time making a lot of candles...definately not for wimps. LOL........ Donita

and ps.....I have to step over or around EIGHT dogs too since my daughter and her two little kids moved in.

NO WAY YOU ARE 60! Seen your website and I'm assuming that's your picture on there. You look awesome, woman! :D

NO WAY YOU ARE 60! Seen your website and I'm assuming that's your picture on there. You look awesome, woman! :D

Amen to THAT!!!!

Welcome newbie, lol, although, no one could call you a newbie with candles like that!! Those are AWESOME!!!! WElcome to CT. I haven't been here long, but I LOVE it.