My first cream soap

SOAPFREAK

It looks very creamy!

So what do you do with it now? How do you package/use a cream soap?:confused: (please excuse my ignorance, lol) You stated it was for shaving, so im curious if this will harden and be made into a bar or does it stay in the cream state???? :grin2: :embarasse

It looks very creamy!

So what do you do with it now? How do you package/use a cream soap?:confused: (please excuse my ignorance, lol) You stated it was for shaving, so im curious if this will harden and be made into a bar or does it stay in the cream state???? :grin2: :embarasse

It stays in a cream state. Cream soap is a 5:1 mixture of potassium/sodium hydroxides. It's a semi-solid. I'm trying to find some good size airless pumps but haven't found any yet. So I put them in 8 oz. jars for now.

So this soap won't get hard, it will stay like that? I've seen whipped soap but that hardens up, oh boy I need some of that if it stays soft!:drool:

It hardens up a little like body butter. At least this one did.

I should probably let it set a little longer and add more water to it and whip it more, but I got to inpatient. :rolleyes2

That looks so creamy. I am going to attempt this tonight actually. Hope mine turns out like yours

Good luck Tara! Make sure you don't stick blend the next day if it is still stiff. I did mine and it cracked the bottom of my stick blender. DUH!

Wait a couple days until it softens.

You are going to hot process it and then cover it and let it sit overnight. I turns into hard clumps.

Catherine Failor's book says it will soften into a liquid in 24 hours. Well mine didn't. It took a couple days. If I wouldn't have been so impatient and waited a couple days it would have turned soft.

• 2 months later...
Hey SOAPFREAK, I wanted to bring this post back up to see if the PS behaved in your cream soap or did it turn brown? If it didn't does this FO usually turn brown for you in other applications??

TIA :smiley2:

Yes TIA it did turn a medium brown. I was pretty disgusted. It does turn brown in soap but not sure on lotions and body butters etc. I wish someone could make a non-browning formula.

Yes TIA it did turn a medium brown. I was pretty disgusted. It does turn brown in soap but not sure on lotions and body butters etc. I wish someone could make a non-browning formula.

Thanks for replying- I was hoping is didn't. Its one of my FAVORITE scents, and its so hard to call a product pink sugar when it turns brown-LOL

:smiley2: BTW- TIA is thanks in advance :wink2:

It stays in a cream state. Cream soap is a 5:1 mixture of potassium/sodium hydroxides. It's a semi-solid. I'm trying to find some good size airless pumps but haven't found any yet. So I put them in 8 oz. jars for now.

Is this what you are talking about? Here are some 16oz foamer bottles, but they are for very thin watery products.