Bitter Creek Convention

Signed up a couple of days ago....registration is moving quickly. It is SO EASY this year. The agenda is already looking great too! 3 days of learning and Very close to Mall of America!

I think it is limited to 150 people this year. If you are thinking of going, you might want to get signed up quickly! Very reasonable, and from what I heard about last year....excellent!

I am considering signing up as well. Looks right now that airfare would be pricey but we'll see.

Are there any other conventions for candle/soapmakers going on that anyone knows about? Thanks.

There's one in Arizona (Phx. area) in early June. I'll have to go hunt down a URL for you if you're interested.

OK, edited to add the link. http://theazgathering.com/

I think a friend and I will be attending. I am only about 6 hours from Mall of America. It's a Great mall by the way!

The only other candle convention I know about is:

IGCA 42nd Annual Convention:

http://www.igca.net/conventions/index.asp

I don't know anything about it tho!!

The IGCA convention is a lot of fun. You learn a lot with the classes...and meet a lot of candlemakers, too.

There is another convention I am trying out this year....in Ft. Wayne, IN. It is the Creativity Bee: http://www.creativitybee.com/

HTH.

I'm all signed up as well. I will be going with a friend (meeting her there). I am holding a crafter's convention in May and then this convention one month later. WOW it's going to be a BUSY and FUN time!! Can't wait!

Who all is going in on Friday???

Shelly T

All signed up. I am going with my daughter instead of hubby this year. It was really a good time, I was impressed. Tons of information, learned some stuff and got some really good deals. Last year we had to bust our buns to get back for a graduation, not this year. We are coming in Friday, staying until Monday. Hoping to finally get to go shopping. (Not my hubby's kind of thing, so no fun with him). I have stayed near that mall four times in the last year, and not stepped inside the doors. We are excited, a nice vacation with the two of us.

I missed last years but I am all signed up this year, hotel reserved and dragging my reluctant hubby along so he can drive me up there LOL. I've been searching for things for him and our 6 yr old daughter to do while I am attending the convention...he doesnt want to go to the MOA but I think there are some cool things at MOA he can take our daughter to. He is wanting to take the boat up there and fish...Is there anyone here that lives around that area that can tell me where the closest lake is that he can launch a boat at?

Sandy~WI

Doneen has Bitter Creek Shirts for sale as well as Candle Cauldron, I got one last year, I wear mine all the time, it is a great advertising tool, everytime I wear it somewere, someone will stop me and ask if I sell candles, then I just hand them a business card. I had a blast at the convention last year and this year looks to top that one by a mile, I can't wait. I cannot believe how fast it is filling up, she told me it is well over 100 now.

Sue Ann

I'm excited to be going-my very first candle "convention" of any kind. I'm hoping to learn a lot of new things and meet some of these wonderful people i've met on the BC board and those of you on this board that may be going. I'm taking my parents along-they are going to use it like a "vacation" so i don't have to worry about the hubby and shopping.