Question about candlewic..not sure if it goes here

I have never ordered from them, my main supplier is peaks..they are closer to me and I LOVE their CS. I feel like a traitor for ordering from candlewic but they have some things I need that Peak doesn't. Anyway, I ordered from them 3 days ago and have heard nothing back with the exception of my order #. I get my peak package the next day or sometimes 2 days after....it has been 3 days and I was wondering how long does it take for them to ship the stuff? sheesh, peaks has really spoiled me I guess. I am antsy and I want my stuff.

I order from Peak and candlewic often and find that candlewic usually take about 3 days longer to recieve than peaks and they've never sent me a tracking #. But if you call or e-mail them, they usually respond pretty quickly and can let you know whats going on. Candlewic is a great supplier, I've had great service with them from day 1.

I ordered from candlewic for the first time. I placed my order last Tuesday, and it is still not here. It is suppose to arrive tommorow. I just received shipping notification on Monday. I always order from Nu Scent and it arrives with in 3 days. I also live in New York.( upstate where it will not stop snowing)

I have been ordering from them for years. When I was in Virginia.....sometimes I got my shipment in less than 24 hours......that always surprised me.....sometimes a couple of days....that's just my experience. I do love their waxes and wicks. Donita

Ok, so I just got a notice from candlewic stating my shipment will be delivered on the 12th...so it will get here about 2 weeks after I order.....that just isn't acceptable to me, it should not take 2 weeks to get an order. I think I will stay with my main suppliers from now on, no matter how good the deals may be with candlewic.

Tara replied back to me and said the order was not implemented in their system until the 5th and then I am a 4 day shipping away from them once the shipment is out. Well the order was shipped out yesterday so if I am 4 days away then why will it not get here until the 12th? that would be 6 days from the time ups recieved the order. I wish I would have known this before hand. So now I will just have to take the site off my fav lists...I planned on ordering more from them but I just cant wait almost 2 weeks everytime I need something. Why can't they just beam it to me, LMAO! patience isn't one of my virtues in case you didnt notice. I planned on doing things with what I ordered this weekend....blows that all to hell :(

Ok, so I just got a notice from candlewic stating my shipment will be delivered on the 12th...so it will get here about 2 weeks after I order.....that just isn't acceptable to me, it should not take 2 weeks to get an order. I think I will stay with my main suppliers from now on, no matter how good the deals may be with candlewic.

Well I have to respond here....first...Candlewic is in PA...where I live. Peaks is in Denver. I also use Peaks SOMETIMES....and it takes 2 weeks to get my order from them. Candlewic usually ships to me within 5 days. So it does depend on where you live. I have to accept the fact that shipping from Denver does take longer. We have a rep in Colorado as well, and using UPS to ship to her takes just as long. Learn to accept it.....it's the way it is.

I live on the east coast also, and I order from Peaks and my order is usually here in 5 days (not including weekends), but if I pay a small amount more, the 3 day shipping is worth it. But yes, Peaks fills orders so quickly it does spoil you!

I could be wrong, but it looks like Peak is a middleman -- they buy their stuff from Pourette and Candlewic (Binder) and then resell it. Why would you want to pay the middleman when you could buy the same thing from the source for less money?

Im sure a supplier like peaks doesnt buy/resell from pourette or candle wic unless its molds (pourette) or wicks (candlewic), that i can see. Scents (the money maker for everyone) and wax .. no way. Plus you have to remember this board was started and operated by the peak company for several years before they turned it over to the mods here but still hosted by peaks. Lots of loyal peak users here because of that reason alone.

Im sure a supplier like peaks doesnt buy/resell from pourette or candle wic unless its molds (pourette) or wicks (candlewic), that i can see. Scents (the money maker for everyone) and wax .. no way. Plus you have to remember this board was started and operated by the peak company for several years before they turned it over to the mods here but still hosted by peaks. Lots of loyal peak users here because of that reason alone.

Bruce,

What I see, almost everything on that site is either candlewic or pourette.

seamless molds, wicks, wick pins, steel molds, almost everything...

I guess I can't poop where I eat, so for purposes of this forum...

Peak Rules!!!!

WoooHooo.

:rolleyes2

I have no problem paying a little extra to peak especially for FO because that I KNOW they do not order from candlewic. Candlewic molds and a few other things might be a little bit cheaper but I have no problem paying a little extra to peak just for the fact that it gets here the next day or day after that. Peaks customer service is the best IMO and experience.

Creeksidecandles,

I accept it, but I won't do anymore ordering from them unless it is seriously on sale and I won't need it for at least 2-3 weeks.

Peak is just one state away from me so that is obviously the best choice of supplier for me.

Well I have to respond here....first...Candlewic is in PA...where I live. Peaks is in Denver. I also use Peaks SOMETIMES....and it takes 2 weeks to get my order from them. Candlewic usually ships to me within 5 days. So it does depend on where you live. I have to accept the fact that shipping from Denver does take longer. We have a rep in Colorado as well, and using UPS to ship to her takes just as long. Learn to accept it.....it's the way it is.

I was just thinking the same thing - I climb the walls waiting for an order from Peaks, but when I order from Candlewic or Candles and Supplies, I seem to have the order as soon as I hit the submit button LOL.