Question about candlewic..not sure if it goes here

Bruce,

What I see, almost everything on that site is either candlewic or pourette.

seamless molds, wicks, wick pins, steel molds, almost everything...

I guess I can't poop where I eat, so for purposes of this forum...

Peak Rules!!!!

WoooHooo.

:rolleyes2

I'm not a Peaks rule person by far. I have ordered from them a few times and received good results, but I also order from 20+ other candle suppliers and most offer at least the same quality service. I'm glad how ever that they started probably the largest most active candle making board in the world and try to keep that in mind with my posts. I don't poop here but sometimes have a little gas to release. :P

You cant get cheaper molds than when you go to the source so yes if I were a supplier I would buy from a manufacture like pourette to resell also. I don't think that's a huge part of a supplier like peaks business though.. its the fragrance oils that bring the customer back for more each month. The molds and other items are more or less a convenience item so you can get everything at one place. I think pourette changed their wholesale program in the past year, I forget what they did but i know you use to get a nice 40% off in quantity orders and have to register with your tax number. If you don't have a tax id or business, I would think that a place like Peaks would be a reasonable alternative for purchasing molds and such.

Bruce

Im in NJ and they are in PA and it takes about 3-4 days before my delivery.

But I do have to agree that Peaks does spoil us in the sense that we get emails as it ordered, processed, and when it leaves the warehouse.

I wish some of these places would also.

Dammit, I missed out on the 25 cents poly votive molds GRRR

I could be wrong, but it looks like Peak is a middleman -- they buy their stuff from Pourette and Candlewic (Binder) and then resell it. Why would you want to pay the middleman when you could buy the same thing from the source for less money?

No you are very wrong about that. You think Candlewic is the only one to make wick pins, and seamless molds? Candlewic gets them from somewhere too I am sure. I know Peaks does not get thier FO's from Candlewic. Positively.

What I really don't get abut CW is that they are such a huge biz, why can they not have auto generated UPS emails. Peaks does, BC does, everyone ELSE does, and they are a lot smaller. Seems like they would jump on the ball now. Hmmm maybe I will utilize the comments box on my next order. We all should, start a kind of petition. BTW it takes 10-14 days from the time I order til I get it.

I guess I can't poop where I eat, so for purposes of this forum...

Peak Rules!!!!

WoooHooo.

:rolleyes2

Not necessarily true. As for any supplier it is best to take issues to them before going public. But I don't see there being any issue here anyway unless I missed it (which is entirely possible). But Peak gives us freedom to discuss positives and negatives about any supplier, including them. They leave this forum as a place to freely exchange information, without playing "big brother" from the perspective of drumming up business for themselves or downplaying other suppliers.

Peak does rule - because they don't force it to be so!

The majority of my Candlewic orders have shipped within 24 hours. Sometimes it takes a few days. I get a confirmation e-mail from their system when I place the order, then I get a UPS Quantumview e-mail with tracking number when it ships. Apparently not everyone has had the same experience, but that's been mine over the course of many orders.

Just wanted to add my two cents. Candlewic used to be one of our main suppliers then a few years ago we started having a lot of trouble getting our orders in a timely fashion. Their FO's began to be hit or miss and their customer service left a lot to be desired.... so we completly dropped them as a supplier. I'm glad others have had better experiences with them.

We are just getting ready to place our first order with Peaks for FO's and we have high expectations about thier products. It will be a blessing if they are as good as what we have read in the posts.

Sorry to hear of your disappointment with your order WH.

I just ordered from them, got in on the 'wick builder' sale & saved 40% on my wicks. That sale was from Feb 2-8th (the same time you said you placed your order) so maybe there was a very large response to that sale which slowed down all orders. I know there was a disclaimer about orders with the wick-building would take longer than normal, but I don't know if that is a standard time disclaimer or just one for that sale.

I've ordered from them in the past and never had a problem with them. I'm in Northern VA and naturally get my orders fairly quickly compared to anyone on the Western side.