First loaf M&P

EmpressC

Thanks for the compliments.

I guess the problem I'm having with it is that the colors don't seem to flow too well for me. I'm thinking of trying it again and instead of doing layers I might try using white chunks with the translucent blue (middle layer in these pics) as the overpour. Just trying different ideas, so any suggestions would be great. On the other hand, if it really looks nice to people, maybe I am just being too harsh a critic...which I've certainly been known to be. :embarasse

I wouldnt change a thing! The colors couldnt be more perfect for the scent. The layers are so crisp, it's just beautiful ;)

Now, I do CP but am gonna do some MP soap for a swap I am in for V-day. I wanted to do layers, but am afraid they wont bond/stick together. You have a helpful hint you could pass along to me? :embarasse

Wow! I'm so surprised by the positive feedback! Thanks so much. Maybe, just maybe I'll keep it as it. :yay:

I wanted to do layers, but am afraid they wont bond/stick together. You have a helpful hint you could pass along to me? :embarasse

Dumb luck? :laugh2:

Seriously, for each layer, I waited until the preceeding layer was pretty firm but still warm. Then I just poured the new layer at a bit of a higher temp.

I've been reading today, though, that to get layers to adhere one should spritz with alcohol just before pouring the next layer. I didn't do that (as I didnt' know to). But my layers are firmly held together.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...